MacPhail's negotiations - confusing results

PlumOriole

We don't know what is "getting done." Just because we don't hear about other negotiations, doesn't mean they aren't happening. And what "excuses" are you talking about? Perhaps figments of your imagination? AM and the FO haven't offered any excuses. In fact, they've said practically nothing, which is why some, if not most, of the people on OH are slowly going insane.

Do you actually read? We have heard a lot this offseason, including in a current Chicago article, that the Orioles are holding off doing other moves to figure out what to do with other players(like illar, Mora, etc..)

That is an excuse...It is total bs.

I know you think the Orioles are a model franchise and think they do everything right but my head isn't in the sand.

This team has more holes than swiss cheese.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you credit for grading papers? It's his freakin job!

And unless he ends up with Clement, Jones, Triunfel, Morrow and Tillman, i don't see how he should get credit.(at least, not getting on your knees credit that you seem to be talking about)

If he ends up doing some kind of variation to a deal that we have been discussing on here for over a month, he hasn't done anythign spectacular.

So you will bash him for not making a deal on your timetable, but you won't give him credit if he holds out and gets a good deal. Seems about right.

As for the getting on your knees part ... I don't know where that came from ... but keep your personal life off the board. ;) jk

So you will bash him for not making a deal on your timetable, but you won't give him credit if he holds out and gets a good deal. Seems about right.

As for the getting on your knees part ... I don't know where that came from ... but keep your personal life off the board. ;) jk

You just don't get it...I am done discussing this with you...For 5+ years, I have heard you tell me about how everything gets done right around here and how we need patience. I am tired of repeating myself and stating the obvious.

You can have your patience and keep thinking all is fine.

Do you actually read? We have heard a lot this offseason, including in a current Chicago article, that the Orioles are holding off doing other moves to figure out what to do with other players(like illar, Mora, etc..)

That is an excuse...It is total bs.

I know you think the Orioles are a model franchise and think they do everything right but my head isn't in the sand.

This team has more holes than swiss cheese.

Yes, I do read....a lot. So SG....you're willing to accept a column written by some Chicago sports writer as gospel for what's going on in the Warehouse?

Nuff said....:rolleyes:

You just don't get it...I am done discussing this with you...For 5+ years, I have heard you tell me about how everything gets done right around here and how we need patience. I am tired of repeating myself and stating the obvious.

You can have your patience and keep thinking all is fine.

Quote me where I said anything was fine? You said you would give MacPhail the off-season, yet, you can't do it. I just want to give him until pitchers and catchers report before I rip him a new one. Your egomania leads you to believe that you can do it better than all of these guys. I have said it before and I will say it again ... go do it. Get involved some way. You are young, been in the warehouse before and have no wife and kids. Get a job as a scout, move your way up the system and get in a front office. I think you would be great. You KNOW you would be great. Good luck with it, just don't be surprised when it isn't as easy as you make it out to be.

If i have any complaints about AM negotian tactics is for the lack of focus on getting rid of the dead wood. I think too much time is being spent on Roberts and Beddard that the other players that need to go are being overlooked. You tell me no team want Hernandez or Mora. What about Millar and Payton. Andy, while you are waiting for offers on your two best poker chips. How about aggressively doing something about the trash. Thank You.

If i have any complaints about AM negotian tactics is for the lack of focus on getting rid of the dead wood. I think too much time is being spent on Roberts and Beddard that the other players that need to go are being overlooked. You tell me no team want Hernandez or Mora. What about Millar and Payton. Andy, while you are waiting for offers on your two best poker chips. How about aggressively doing something about the trash. Thank You.

This aspect I do agree with. I don't think Mora and Hernandez are dead weight and it wouldn't kill me if they are back. Millar, Payton, and Huff I would like to see dealt yesterday.

Yes, I do read....a lot. So SG....you're willing to accept a column written by some Chicago sports writer as gospel for what's going on in the Warehouse?

Nuff said....:rolleyes:

If you think that is all i am going by, then I question how much you are actually reading(or comprehending).

Quote me where I said anything was fine? You said you would give MacPhail the off-season, yet, you can't do it.
I am doing it...Show me where I gave him some kind of grade or stated the offseason is a failure and can't get better? As soon as you quote me those things, we can go on..Otherwise, stop putting words into my mouth.

Wha.....? Oh....never mind...:rolleyes:

I am doing it...Show me where I gave him some kind of grade or stated the offseason is a failure and can't get better? As soon as you quote me those things, we can go on..Otherwise, stop putting words into my mouth.

kettle, this is pot, your black ... you put words into my mouth several times over the past several posts, yet you want others to stop doing it to you.

Seriously, you should get into baseball ... I am not trying to be a jerk, you should try to get into talent evaluation and work your way into a front office. You would be good at it ... and it would be damned fun to watch.

BTW ... I am done with the pissing match ... sorry to the rest of the board.

Quote me where I said anything was fine? You said you would give MacPhail the off-season, yet, you can't do it. I just want to give him until pitchers and catchers report before I rip him a new one. Your egomania leads you to believe that you can do it better than all of these guys. I have said it before and I will say it again ... go do it. Get involved some way. You are young, been in the warehouse before and have no wife and kids. Get a job as a scout, move your way up the system and get in a front office. I think you would be great. You KNOW you would be great. Good luck with it, just don't be surprised when it isn't as easy as you make it out to be.

This is a terrible arguing tactic. Under this premis nobody could ever judge anything that they themselves haven't done. How can you say Steve Trachsel is a bad pitcher? You've never pitched in the big leagues!

This board is to give opinions on all things Orioles, and some people have the opinion that this off season has been below par thus far.

This is a terrible arguing tactic. Under this premis nobody could ever judge anything that they themselves haven't done. How can you say Steve Trachsel is a bad pitcher? You've never pitched in the big leagues!

This board is to give opinions on all things Orioles, and some people have the opinion that this off season has been below par thus far.

I'm not sure I made this clear enough ... it is not an argument I am making ... I really think SG should get involved in talent evaluation and try to work his way up and be a GM ... I just don't think it will be as easy as he thinks it would be. Seriously, not trying to be a **** ... think SG would do well.

Now, I do get irritated when people say they are giving a GM the off-season before judging him, but then constantly criticize him for not making a deal. This is not just SG, there are way worse offenders on this board.

Well stated. But the off-season isn't over, so those opinions are, in reality, no more than premature ejaculations.....:P

kettle, this is pot, your black ... you put words into my mouth several times over the past several posts, yet you want others to stop doing it to you.

Seriously, you should get into baseball ... I am not trying to be a jerk, you should try to get into talent evaluation and work your way into a front office. You would be good at it ... and it would be damned fun to watch.

BTW ... I am done with the pissing match ... sorry to the rest of the board.

Pretty sure you have been one of the constants in defending the Orioles during the offseason...The " no one else is making moves yet" or the "be patient" crowd.

Same words, different offseason.

Archived