Per the Sun: "Orioles most inactive team..."

MemorialStadKid

:wedge:

Tee hee.

You know what else is going to be a joke?

Our record in 2014.

MSK

You said the same thing last year, dude. Change the record already.

If you think we can trade Matt Wieters to the Cardinals for Shelby Miller because he's an offensive upgrade to the best catcher in baseball, I'm not really inclined to think much of your baseball analysis.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You said the same thing last year, dude. Change the record already.

If you think we can trade Matt Wieters to the Cardinals for Shelby Miller because he's an offensive upgrade to the best catcher in baseball, I'm not really inclined to think much of your baseball analysis.

And we won fewer games in 2013 after standing pat.

What will it take for you to understand that we're not improving?

Reimold isn't the answer in LF, neither is a platoon with Urriata or Puguero (sp?).

Our starting rotation is a collection of unproven new guys and a couple of #4/5 guys on legit contending teams.

On the bright side, we've got Jones, Machado, Davis and JJ. Outside of those guys I've little faith in this team to do anything great in the AL East in 2014.

That's what I don't get - with all the clear evidence at hand, folks are still working with this "maybe it will all come together" mindset. That's stupid. Plain and simple. Stupid.

If I sound like a broken record, maybe its because the FO is doing the same things to merit the same criticism?

MSK

And we won fewer games in 2013 after standing pat.

What will it take for you to understand that we're not improving?

Reimold isn't the answer in LF, neither is a platoon with Urriata or Puguero (sp?).

Our starting rotation is a collection of unproven new guys and a couple of #4/5 guys on legit contending teams.

On the bright side, we've got Jones, Machado, Davis and JJ. Outside of those guys I've little faith in this team to do anything great in the AL East in 2014.

That's what I don't get - with all the clear evidence at hand, folks are still working with this "maybe it will all come together" mindset. That's stupid. Plain and simple. Stupid.

If I sound like a broken record, maybe its because the FO is doing the same things to merit the same criticism?

MSK

So, given DD's budget restraints, what realistic moves would you make?

So, given DD's budget restraints, what realistic moves would you make?

You guys keep asking this but never consider the fact that DD's budget restrains are arbitrary. We are NOT a small market team.

I've explained myself repeatedly. We need to sign proven talent. What's so difficult to understand?

MSK

blah blah blah

MSK

I wrote a big long response to this and then deleted it because honestly I don't care to argue with you. I never said we've improved, nobody has said that. As usual, you're putting words in someone else's mouth and arguing against a point that nobody has made. Forgive me for thinking this Orioles team that won 85 games last year won't be a "joke" in 2014.

You guys keep asking this but never consider the fact that DD's budget restrains are arbitrary. We are NOT a small market team.

I've explained myself repeatedly. We need to sign proven talent. What's so difficult to understand?

MSK

The only time you "explained yourself" your answers were either completely unrealistic or horrible.

You think Angelos imposed the restraints, right? If so, then they are real for DD.

The budget restraints may be arbitrary but they are REAL. They exist and DD has to work within them. Do you think he has control over Peter's checkbook? Should he just say screw it and sign guys without PA's permission?

You have no actual real ideas, just a lot of bluster.

The only time you "explained yourself" your answers were either completely unrealistic or horrible.

You think Angelos imposed the restraints, right? If so, then they are real for DD.

Puh-lease. All DD needs to do is get a contract signed, and then hand Angelos the bill. What are "budgets" or "directives from your boss," anyway?

Mommy, wow! I'm a big kid now...

MSK

You can believe that all you want and it may very well be true, but a budget is DD's reality. Sure it makes me mad that PA won't spend more but it is what it is WE AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE IT. DD knew what he was getting himself into. All I have ever really expected PA to do is set a budget and then let the baseball people make the baseball decisions. It appears (tho I guess recently there have been questions about this) that he is finally letting his baseball people do their jobs.

No matter how much you whine, stomp, cry, scream about it, the budget is very much real. Further, $100mm is plenty to build a winning team.

MSK

The O's are a small market team. Even DD says it. That's reality.. Baltimore isn't Arlington (Dallas Metro), NYC, Boston, San Fran, LA or even Seattle. O's are barely a step up on Pittsburgh, Tampa and KC which is why we have $100 payroll and not one that is lower.

Archived