Brian Roberts Appreciation Thread

Sanfran327

What I will miss most is Brian's overall approach at the plate. He was very patient, fouled off tons of pitches, yet didn't get caught looking on strike three very often. In a tight situation, you knew he would force the pitcher to make a good pitch to get him out. Very rarely did you feel he'd had a poor at bat. There aren't many Orioles you can say that about, even among their better hitters.

His base stealing days are behind him, but I loved the way he disrupted pitchers, and his proficiency at stealing third base was particularly entertaining.

Brian will go straight to the Orioles Hall of Fame when he's eligible, and I hope I'm there that day to cheer for him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best of luck to B-Rob going forward (well, except for his Skankees season upcoming).

I suspect he chose to play for them simply because they were one of his very few options (maybe only option) to play in the majors next year. Maybe if he has low to moderate success he won't have to play there long and can catch on elsewhere (if we feel this way about him playing for them, can you imagine how he feels?).

It should go without saying but I want to see us fans act classy when he has his visiting at bats at OPACY next year. Any of you spitefully booing him deserve a foul ball off the forehead.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Having read some fans reactions to BRob going to the Yankees I am sure there

be booing. I sure don't want to see any fan be hurt with a hit ball off the noggin.

Having read some fans reactions to BRob going to the Yankees I am sure there

be booing. I sure don't want to see any fan be hurt with a hit ball off the noggin.

Me either... I was speaking metaphorically and should have clarified. Sounds bad when I go back and ready it verbatim... sorry guys.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What I will miss most is Brian's overall approach at the plate. He was very patient, fouled off tons of pitches, yet didn't get caught looking on strike three very often. In a tight situation, you knew he would force the pitcher to make a good pitch to get him out. Very rarely did you feel he'd had a poor at bat. There aren't many Orioles you can say that about, even among their better hitters.

He really did do that Steve Pearce, Yankee thing. I'll miss that too. He rarely was a two or three pitch at bat or a strike out looking. Until this last year I never saw him do much of either.

8 am still trying to function ! This news breaks my heart.:(

I really am sorry that he and Diana decided to go to New York this season. I hear she is from that area originally. And of course Sarasota and Tampa are right nearby each other. He had many good years as an Oriole.

Archived