Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orioles probably trying to insert a vesting option for 3rd year based on appearances over the first two years. Hopefully, just trying to agree on the particulars of that.

2/14 with 1/7 vesting option if he finishes 70 games over first two years. That's my guess. I hope it isn't for more.

I think it gets done but basically this is a closer for a closer deal. Sort of a lateral move . We need some other pieces.

True, but at this point they still need to get back up to the level of the team last year. Getting Balfour would be positive, but they still need to improve at LF/DH and SP just to be on par with 2012.

Well we have to upgrade from. 704 OPS at DH, .706 LF, and .669 2B, shouldn't be too hard . The problem is replacing Feldman's production. My guess is they are high on Gausman, and are looking for a cheap stop gap SP to hold a place in the rotation until Gausman takes it way from him.

I think it gets done but basically this is a closer for a closer deal. Sort of a lateral move . We need some other pieces.

I like Balfour more than JJ. Plus cheaper per year not only this year but in the future. We gain Weeks and likely Miles Head from Oak. Head would be right around are top 10. Weeks will be in the mix for 2B and LF.

Basically redistributing Johnson's salary to Balfour and Webb. Plus you have them for a second year at the same rate (no arbitration increases to consider).

You also get Weeks out of it. I actually like him, but even at his worst he's a Casilla replacement to give you some versatility and speed off the bench.

Basically redistributing Johnson's salary to Balfour and Webb. Plus you have them for a second year at the same rate (no arbitration increases to consider).
You get Balfour, an upgrade from JJ for 2-3 years , Webb, a solid RP, Weeks a possible UT, plus a PTBNL. How is that a lateral move?

Archived