Passan: Orioles Unwillingness to Spend Hurting Team

Rene88

Word is they are higher on money and years.

I hope they get him but I don't expect it.

I would tell him to sign with the Dodgers, west coast, team built to win and he would be the #3 maybe #4 starter to start the season.

I assume he goes with the money.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude can't settle on a Twitter avatar and you think he signs before the deadline Friday?
He has to in order to get the physical done before the deadline. Wouldn't it be funny if the O's signed him but he failed their physical and had to go back to Japan. :rofl:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reported Jan. 9 that Tanaka took physical at Kerlan-Jobe in LA. All suitors got report. Signing team might want own doctors to examine him.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">January 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All teams are allowed access to the physical.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reported Jan. 9 that Tanaka took physical at Kerlan-Jobe in LA. All suitors got report. Signing team might want own doctors to examine him.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">January 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All teams are allowed access to the physical.

You know the O's would want their own docs to examine him.

But that's not PA position is it? It has to be DD's right? :rolleyestf:

I don't know. It might be both of their positions. I assume it would have to come out of his budget. He has said that is why he traded Johnson. If the obligation is on the books it is sent money to him. That 20 million would come out of this year;s budget. He'd never do that for a shot at a guy who has never played above double A ball.

Or who we might acquire in the next four weeks. Tanaka signs tomorrow. Things will pick up.

Pfffttt! 24th is the end of the bidding. Then I'm sure they all , they all the all the teams that bid $20,000,000, have some specified time period for Tanaka to sign with one of the bidders. It's essentially limited free agency. That could be into February. Where all these FA pitchers scramble for jobs this year is going to be hilarious to watch.

Pfffttt! 24th is the end of the bidding. Then I'm sure they all , they all the all the teams that bid $20,000,000, have some specified time period for Tanaka to sign with one of the bidders. It's essentially limited free agency. That could be into February. Where all these FA pitchers scramble for jobs this year is going to be hilarious to watch.
I don't think this is correct. The bids are in, he must choose by the 24th. The SP feeding frenzy starts then.

Archived