weams

Runs scored by division in 2013

AL East 3660

AL West 3464

AL Cent 3401

NL Cent 3357

NL West 3287

NL East 3087

And I know there is always an exception.

But four out of five bandboxes doesn't hurt this either.

Only Colorado is worse on arms.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I know there is always an exception.

But four out of five bandboxes doesn't hurt this either.

Only Colorado is worse on arms.

This isn't true, Fenway and TB don't rate as hitters parks and OPACY is .057 above average. It's not the parks as much as it is the bats.

Pitcher will go where the money is. Let's not over think this.

Yes, it's simple. We have to overpay to get a good SP to come here, because all things being equal, they'll go to a place where their numbers won't be as adversely affected. We also not only don't overpay, but we also let the market play out, and make a value offer that doesn't offer more years than our competitors. Yes, it's simple. We will never get highly sought after free agent SPs. Never.

Pitcher will go where the money is. Let's not over think this.
Burnett did that once. He did not enjoy the experience. In fact, he was ridiculed. He Won't do that again. Even for twice the money.

Cliff Lee also turned down the Yankees, and took less money (and less years) to sign with the Phillies.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2010/12/your_comments_cliff_lee_spurns.html

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed/2010-11/cliff-lee/story/as-cliff-lee-remains-mum-speculation-involves-phillies

He had his reasons.

Then you better step up at developing it or trading for it. If the OP premise is true, then how smart was it to hinge your whole offseason on a local NL pitcher contemplating retirement and a NL soft tosser prone to giving up HR's.

Got me there. It certainly surprises me. Especially with some of the offers I have been told we made.

Then you better step up at developing it or trading for it. If the OP premise is true, then how smart was it to hinge your whole offseason on a local NL pitcher contemplating retirement and a NL soft tosser prone to giving up HR's.

I think trading for a big contract guy is the right move.

Archived