No seriously, where is Francisco Peguero ?

33rdst

I didn't think the News American was very good but I think it made the Sun better. Steadman was their top sports columnist and although he had his ditractors he made guys like Jackman,Murray, Justice and others better. This was all pre-internet obviously so they had to work a little harder to get their stuff.

Like saying the Yugo made my Vega look better. :)

Post then kicked the Sun's butt daily, like they do now, both have gone downhill, but the Sun wasn't very good to begin with. Again, just my viewpoint.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An example. We just had four tweets. One each from our beat reporters. All telling us there have been no further discussions regarding Hardy's extension. They all sat in front of Duquette and each reported what he said. Isn't there a better way. They can't all think that their audiences don't overlap. Aren't there other stories out there that don't involve these people regurgitating what they've heard from a talking head? Okay I apologize for the *****ing.

I think you are going a bit overboard in your criticism here. Reporting what Duquette tells them is a requirement of their jobs. It makes no sense to expect that any of them should assume that, since the others are reporting this, then I shouldn't bother. Additionally, I don't think it would make sense to assume that everyone reads the reports of all 4 regularly. I am sure that there are quite a few people that read only 1 or 2 or them.

I think you are going a bit overboard in your criticism here. Reporting what Duquette tells them is a requirement of their jobs. It makes no sense to expect that any of them should assume that, since the others are reporting this, then I shouldn't bother. Additionally, I don't think it would make sense to assume that everyone reads the reports of all 4 regularly. I am sure that there are quite a few people that read only 1 or 2 or them.
Why should they, when they all same the same thing. That's the problem, News today has become homogenized. Read USA Today in the morning, and you have the headline stories for all major media outlets for the rest of the day.

Of course you're right I am over exaggerating somewhat. They have difficult jobs. Sometimes there just isn't anything happening but that's why a seemingly obvious story about Peguero going unnoticed is upsetting. Okay I'm done.

This is a downside of having one newspaper. No competition. They basically feed off of each other. It doesn't seem like their out there getting their own sources. Britt and Roch are out there too but they basically put a positive spin on their stuff because essentially they work for the league and O's respectively. To be fair Britt has shown the willingness to be critical in other venues such as TV and radio but I was disappointed today when she said "they" hadn't noticed Peguero was out of the line up. Isn't that their job to notice?

Also a paper that has been downsizing all the time. Print journalism is dying. Still trying to sell the Sun but tough to find someone to buy it. I guess if Sezos wants to buy the Sun too ans combine it with the Post.

These names are giants in comparison to what we have now. And they weren't that good. No Rices, Menkins, Leiblings, or Barbers, among them. The days of Edward R Murrow are long gone when it comes to "journalism". Today if you are not a shill for the vested interests you simply don't get the air time.

Yes those days are gone.

My wife will find it for you.

She'll have a lot of digging to do. I've gone back to 3/03 and can't find a mention of a Peguero injury in any of Roch's blogs. Maybe I missed it. Maybe he tweeted it but didn't blog it. Let's empanel a commission to investigate.

She'll have a lot of digging to do. I've gone back to 3/03 and can't find a mention of a Peguero injury in any of Roch's blogs. Maybe I missed it. Maybe he tweeted it but didn't blog it. Let's empanel a commission to investigate.

It's possible. Then again maybe she is part of the conspiracy. She said she knew it from Roch before the birdland discovery. Maybe he told her personally last Wednesday when he was giving her a hug. Dunno.

We saw Frankie Pegs play and we have only been here since the 5th.

Archived