Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

On 3/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, SteveA said:

It lasted an hour or so, until the Blue Jays won their game today. 

Wonder if we'll ever see it again ???

On 3/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

The Orioles did everything that they possibly could to vault themselves back into 1st place, but they still remain half a game behind the white-hot D-Rays ........ they won a pivotal 3rd game against the Yankees in the Bronx, and they stand alone in 2nd place in the division.

o

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

o

I have to get my Cheap thrills any time that I can with this team ........

BALTIMORE ORIOLESllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-1 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

NEW YORK YANKEES lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-1 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-1 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

BOSTON RED SOX llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1-2llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

TORONTO BLUE JAYS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1-2 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

o

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

i just noticed there are no winless teams or undefeated teams.  I doubt this has ever happened after 3 games in mlb history.  Looks like there will be a lot of .500ish teams.  With the shortened spring training restart, you would think it hurts the good teams more than the bad teams. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, NashLumber said:

If you had told me in January that the O's would be tied for first in late July 2020 with a .667 win percentage, I'd have laughed at you. 

Yes, that was tongue in cheek. 

Interestingly enough (or not), that would equate to roughly a 71-35 record in a "normal" season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Win Column said:

Interestingly enough (or not), that would equate to roughly a 71-35 record in a "normal" season.

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

108-54, but who's counting.

Lately, I've mentally given up around the 106 game mark, so you can't blame his math.

8 minutes ago, AuburnAL said:

I'm pretty sure "in late July" is where the 106 games played came from.

Oh, ok, that was not clear to me. They have 57 games left so I might have understood 105 games, which also would have been an even 70-35, which would make more sense.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:15 PM, OFFNY said:

o

I have to get my Cheap thrills any time that I can with this team ........

BALTIMORE ORIOLESllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-1 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

NEW YORK YANKEES lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-1 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-1 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

BOSTON RED SOX llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1-2llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

TORONTO BLUE JAYS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1-2 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

o

o

Even though the Orioles have not lost any games since, they are no longer in 1st place ........ Tampa Bay is 4-1 overall.

o

• 8 months later...

o

More Cheap thrills ........

BALTIMORE ORIOLESllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 4-2 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - -

NEW YORK YANKEES lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 3-3 lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

BOSTON RED SOX llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 3-3llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

TORONTO BLUE JAYS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 3-3 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1.0

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2-4 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll1.0

o

• Upvote 2