Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

I'm super excited with the way the Orioles are playing, but it isn't a good sign at all the way Boston is playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are worrying me, their lineup is a beast.

That being said we are doing better than I thought. I didn't think we were as bad as some people thought but we do look good. I thought all along Tillman and Gausman were the key to the season.

That being said we are doing better than I thought. I didn't think we were as bad as some people thought but we do look good. I thought all along Tillman and Gausman were the key to the season.

Not sure what will happen but Astros handed them the game today. Their pitching is not that good IMO but we will see as we start to really get into AL East games.

Would prefer they win the division of course but the season won't be over if they get a wild card.

Would prefer they win the division of course but the season won't be over if they get a wild card.

The wild card is much less valuable now than it used to be. It puts a team in a one-game playoff instead of directly in the ALDS.

The O's need to take care of their own business and forget what the Red Sox are doing. It's too early for scoreboard watching. If they continue to play like this, there won't be any scoreboard watching in September either.

I'm super excited with the way the Orioles are playing, but it isn't a good sign at all the way Boston is playing.

Meh. I just want the O's to keep adding to their W above .500. Don't care about what other teams do. If we get to 20 and stay there we make the playoffs.
  • Upvote 1

The wild card is much less valuable now than it used to be. It puts a team in a one-game playoff instead of directly in the ALDS.

The new system is better for wildcard number, worse for wildcard number one. Arguably worse for the three seed because now they face a "tested" team in the LDS.

I agree, they got a vibe going on over there.

As a team they seem to feed on positive or negative momentum more than most. Maybe it's the media and fanbase?

What was Houston thinking in bottom of tenth? You just don't pitch to Ortiz with first base open and two outs. That's on the manager!

Watched the entire game. I was shaking my head at their late inning strategies and execution. They totally pissed that game away and it's one of those games that makes you believe the Astros will struggle to get back into contention.