Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

No matter what, this thread gets bumped again today.

East W L PCT GB WCGB L10 STRK HOME ROAD LAST GAME NEXT GAME

Baltimore 23 12 .657 - - 8-2 W7 16-5 7-7 5/14 vs DET, W 9-3 5/15 vs DET, 1:35 PM

Boston 23 14 .622 1.0 +2.0 7-3 W1 13-8 10-6 5/14 vs HOU, W 6-5 5/15 vs HOU, 1:35 PM

Toronto 19 19 .500 5.5 2.5 6-4 L1 9-10 10-9 5/14 @ TEX, L 5-6 5/15 @ TEX, 3:05 PM

Tampa Bay 16 18 .471 6.5 3.5 5-5 W1 10-10 6-8 5/14 vs OAK, W 6-0 5/15 vs OAK, 1:10 PM

NY Yankees 15 20 .429 8.0 5.0 6-4 W1 11-10 4-10 5/14 vs CWS, W 2-1 5/15 vs CWS, 1:05 PM

Tough loss. Let's see how they respond. Shame that O'Day has only allowed runs on 2 occasions and we have lost both. Ump missed the call but we did play with fire.

I've never been in the "ump blew the call, but we should have overcome it," or the "ump blew the call, but we could have won it if we XYZ today" camps. To some extent there's a little truth there, but bottom line, the ump took away a two-out strikeout, and the game-tying and game-winning runs for the Tigers should never have happened in that inning. To me, the blown call directly took the game away from the team that earned the win.

I know I've said it many times before, but as a baseball fan, I dream of a glorious future day, where 100% of games have their outcomes determined solely by the players on the field. One day.

I've never been in the "ump blew the call, but we should have overcome it," or the "ump blew the call, but we could have won it if we XYZ today" camps. To some extent there's a little truth there, but bottom line, the ump took away a two-out strikeout, and the game-tying and game-winning runs for the Tigers should never have happened in that inning. To me, the blown call directly took the game away from the team that earned the win.

I know I've said it many times before, but as a baseball fan, I dream of a glorious future day, where 100% of games have their outcomes determined solely by the players on the field. One day.

I know Victor can hit but he can't let Miggy go deep there. Tie game with our pen I'll take my chances.

I know Victor can hit but he can't let Miggy go deep there. Tie game with our pen I'll take my chances.

Again, not a position he should have been in.

Maybe (small chance) they bring O'Day back out next inning to face Cabrera leading off... but if he still hits one out, you have a tie game after he does so, not a Detroit lead.

Again, not a position he should have been in.

Maybe (small chance) they bring O'Day back out next inning to face Cabrera leading off... but if he still hits one out, you have a tie game after he does so, not a Detroit lead.

Ump missed the call and the Upton bloop double never should have happened either. Britton pitches the 9th. My point is even after the missed call and HR by Martinez he can't let Miggy go yard. He missed inner half, a full swing that ball goes close to 500 feet.