The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

Trading ERod hurts the farm. You don't think so? Especially with so many injuries to our top arms down there.

We've been through this before. Yes, there was space for him.

Does it hurt, yes. But it isn't some major blow to the farm system.

It's kind of hilarious. "DD won't do anything to improve the team" *trades talent* "DD is screwing up the future of this team!"

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pat Neshek debacle by Dan Duquette:

The Oakland Athletics traded for Neshek on August 3, 2012, for cash considerations, and immediately called him up from Triple-A Norfolk.

Prior to 8/3/12, the O's roster had the following: Socolovich and Gregg were both on the team. And both were essentially taking up space. Meanwhile Neshek was tearing it up in the minors.

Hey, we stink we can trade off a lot of players and still have 4 top 100 picks this year. Might be better to stink big. Look on the bright side.

The biggest problem with the Os is they suck at sucking. They can't even be the best at being the worst hah.

Does it hurt, yes. But it isn't some major blow to the farm system.

It's kind of hilarious. "DD won't do anything to improve the team" *trades talent* "DD is screwing up the future of this team!"

Go back to 2014's thread regarding the acquisition of Andrew Miller. Hated it then. Trading a blue chip prospect for like a month of a reliever who is a FA the following season is dumb.

The thing is if you keep giving up draft picks and giving up top talent, it's going to hurt.

Go back to 2014's thread regarding the acquisition of Andrew Miller. Hated it then. Trading a blue chip prospect for like a month of a reliever who is a FA the following season is dumb.

The thing is if you keep giving up draft picks and giving up top talent, it's going to hurt.

Two months of the regular season and two rounds of the playoffs. No need to exaggerate your point.

I wouldn't haven't classified Hader nor ERod as top talent when they were traded.

Two months of the regular season and two rounds of the playoffs. No need to exaggerate your point.

I wouldn't haven't classified Hader nor ERod as top talent when they were traded.

Eduardo Rodriguez was rated (prior to 2014 campaign) #65, #68 and #61 overall by Baseball America, MLB.com and Baseball Prospectus, respectively. He was our #3 prospect. That is a top talent.

Regardless of exaggeration, my point stands.

Last year's draft was a black hole that will haunt this organization for years.

Beyond last years' draft, the problem with the farm system is that Peter Angelos won't pay real money for free agents, so Duquette has had to use farm system talent, international signing slots and draft picks to fill holes. I don't blame Duquette for leaving the cupboard bare, but the cupboard is bare nonetheless.

It was very debatable whether E. Rodriguez was still a blue chipper when we dealt him. He had struggled last year and there were questions about him becoming a top of the rotation guy. Of course he went right back to a blue chip guy the second we dealt him :(

Archived