The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am rarely reactionary, but... My main issue with this team is that it is easily capable of dropping 4-5 in a row, but thoroughly incapable of winning 4-5 in a row. Too many mistakes, both physical and mental; not enough pitching from either the starters or the bullpen. And even the offense feels like it can get shut down (Pineda the other night?) as easily as it can drop an 8 spot on the opposition. I fear that this is what we may be in for this year...

Pearce has no range at 2nd. Going back to the ALCS Delmon Young is a GIDP machine. Buck trying too hard to leave Tillman in for the Pitcher Win stat. Instead he's now tied for the league lead in losses.

I usually always agree with you. Great post.

I was cursing for Buck to pull him at 2-2. He leaves him in way too long. Poor de union.

Are you related to MdLater?

Not really sure of what you are trying to say. I do get the Sooner / Later part.

But I meant for my post to be in the reactionary thread.

Sorry

Edit: and Sooner comes from my affiliation to Oklahoma University and state of Oklahoma

Not really sure of what you are trying to say. I do get the Sooner / Later part.

But I meant for my post to be in the reactionary thread.

Sorry

Edit: and Sooner comes from my affiliation to Oklahoma University and state of Oklahoma

Just because I know this...

The term Sooner comes from the Oklahoma Land Rush... when Oklahoma was FINALLY opened up as a U.S. territory. 1889. Relatively LATE in U.S. history. They had a lottery of sorts. 10's of thousands of folks lined up at the OK border, free land within. You just had to ride your horse or buggy in and claim a particular X acre parcel. Some folks snuck in

before and claimed parcels. They got there "sooner."

The term Sooner comes from the Oklahoma Land Rush... when Oklahoma was FINALLY opened up as a U.S. territory. 1889. Relatively LATE in U.S. history. They had a lottery of sorts. 10's of thousands of folks lined up at the OK border, free land within. You just had to ride your horse or buggy in and claim a particular X acre parcel. Some folks snuck in

Watch the Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman joint Far and Away to see a graphic movie depiction of such.

Young man, I was born and raised in Oklahoma. I know all about the history of My state

o

Young man, I was born and raised in Oklahoma. I know all about the history of My state.

Young man, I served with Bud Wilkinson.

I knew Bud Wilkinson.

Bud Wilkinson was a friend of mine.

Young man, you're no Bud Wilkinson.

jfk-with-bud-wilkinson-696971

o

Winning today to split with the Skanks would have gone long way towards making things tolerable. Dropping 5 of 6 in NY just sux, no matter what part of the season it is.

If it makes you feel any better, the two New York baseball teams have lost 9 consecutive games combined.

The Mets are 0-5 in their last 5 contests, and the Yankees are 0-4 in their last 4.

o

If it makes you feel any better, the two New York baseball teams have lost 9 consecutive games combined.

The Mets are 0-5 in their last 5 contests, and the Yankees are 0-4 in their last 4.

It doesn't. Just means that the Orioles did not take care of business against them. Just because someone else beats them makes me feel worse that we could not.

:shrug:

o

o

It doesn't. Just means that the Orioles did not take care of business against them. Just because someone else beats them makes me feel worse that we could not.

:shrug:

I don't care one way or another about the Mets losing, but the Yankees happen to be in our division ...... and, they are in first place in our division.

Hence, it makes me feel A LOT better that they have started to come crashing down with a losing streak after their hot start to the season.

Archived