The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hadn't heard that, but it might have been.

Not too many people have green lights to steal at whim.

"I thought I had a shot," Cruz said. "Obviously, I wanted to let Davis hit with two strikes. I thought I had a shot, so I went for it."

Cruz had moved pretty far down the line on the previous pitch from Oakland left-hander Fernando Abad.

"Yeah, yeah. The attempt was there," Cruz said. "The third baseman was way over there. I just wanted to be aggressive and get something going."

Cruz said he didn't hear from manager Buck Showalter or third base coach Bobby Dickerson.

"No. It was there. It was in front of everybody," he said.

"I thought I had a chance."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/06/cruz-on-attempted-steal-of-home-hardy-on-error-machado-on-reaction-to-tag.html

Show on whether Cruz was trying to steal home:

"I think so. Saw it, felt it, went for it, didn't work out. We'd be talking the other way. A lot of good things went on. We just couldn't get over the hump. Wei-Yin (Chen) was real good, (Zach) Britton was real good. Thought Webby (Ryan Webb) continues to pitch well for us. Evan (Meek) for the most part threw the ball pretty well. That's why you can never assume what's going to happen in the game the next day. You've got to be covered. Darren (O'Day), just one pitch away. But real proud after a challenging night and day the way our guys competed. It's a good team over there, obviously, and we couldn't quite get over the hump there."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/06/showalter-speaks-after-4-3-11-inning-loss.html

"I thought I had a shot," Cruz said. "Obviously, I wanted to let Davis hit with two strikes. I thought I had a shot, so I went for it."

Cruz had moved pretty far down the line on the previous pitch from Oakland left-hander Fernando Abad.

"Yeah, yeah. The attempt was there," Cruz said. "The third baseman was way over there. I just wanted to be aggressive and get something going."

Cruz said he didn't hear from manager Buck Showalter or third base coach Bobby Dickerson.

"No. It was there. It was in front of everybody," he said.

"I thought I had a chance."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/06/cruz-on-attempted-steal-of-home-hardy-on-error-machado-on-reaction-to-tag.html

Show on whether Cruz was trying to steal home:

"I think so. Saw it, felt it, went for it, didn't work out. We'd be talking the other way. A lot of good things went on. We just couldn't get over the hump. Wei-Yin (Chen) was real good, (Zach) Britton was real good. Thought Webby (Ryan Webb) continues to pitch well for us. Evan (Meek) for the most part threw the ball pretty well. That's why you can never assume what's going to happen in the game the next day. You've got to be covered. Darren (O'Day), just one pitch away. But real proud after a challenging night and day the way our guys competed. It's a good team over there, obviously, and we couldn't quite get over the hump there."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/06/showalter-speaks-after-4-3-11-inning-loss.html

Fair enough, so this one wasn't on Buck.

Personally, while unhappy he wasn't safe, and not unhappy he went for it, it was extremely close play and clearly almost pulled it off.

With that pitching they would be fine.
How is Verlander these days?

Just by coincidence, he pitched tonight:

o

5 free passes (4 walks and 1 hit batsman) in only 5.67 innings pitched.

JUSTIN VERLANDER O (vs. WHITE SOX, 6/11)

IP:. 5.67

H:o 8 (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 6 Singles)

R:O 7

BB: 4 *

SO: 6

Pitches: 122 (72 Strikes, 50 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.61

* Verlander also had 1 hit batsman.

o

The Orioles are 3-1 in their last 4 games, for a .750 winning percentage.

In those 4 games, the Oriole starting pitchers have allowed 2 runs over 27 innings, for an E.R.A. of 0.67.

The A.L. East division title will be a cakewalk for this team.

With that pitching they would be fine.
How is Verlander these days?
Just by coincidence, he pitched tonight:

o

5 free passes (4 walks and 1 hit batsman) in only 5.67 innings pitched.

JUSTIN VERLANDER O (vs. WHITE SOX, 6/11)

IP:. 5.67

H:o 8 (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 6 Singles)

BB: 4 *

SO: 6

Pitches: 122 (72 Strikes, 50 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.61

* Verlander also had 1 hit batsman.

Another bad game for Verlander.

His E.R.A. is almost 5 (4.98.)

o

3 free passes (2 walks and 1 hit batsman) in 6 innings pitched.

JUSTIN VERLANDER O (vs. ROYALS, 6/16)

IP:. 6

H:o 12 (1 Home Run, 3 Doubles, 8 Singles)

BB: 2 *

SO: 2

Pitches: 97 (65 Strikes, 32 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.98

* Verlander also had 1 Hit Batsman

Why isn't Flaherty the pinch runner there and Lough the pinch batter!!! Lough career OPS >> Flaherty career OPS plus extra Lough speed helps keep out of double play heading down to first.

Flaherty is the better fastball hitter.

Speaks worlds what they think of Lough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why isn't Flaherty the pinch runner there and Lough the pinch batter!!! Lough career OPS >> Flaherty career OPS plus extra Lough speed helps keep out of double play heading down to first.

.024 better!! Is that seriously what you are going to use as justification? Flaherty has 18 hrs compared to only 7 by Lough. So who gives you the slightest better chance of possibly hitting a 3 run hr?

Archived