Suk-min Yoon

Greg

Lowered his ERA to 16.20, guy got hit hard again. I wasn't able to watch bc I was at Cherry Blossoms but my guess is one more start b4 there is a mystery injury and he heads back to FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lowered his ERA to 16.20, guy got hit hard again. I wasn't able to watch bc I was at Cherry Blossoms but my guess is one more start b4 there is a mystery injury and he heads back to FL.

Another huge waste of mony by DD.

Is that so? Do you have contract specifics?

They were posted when he signed.

Let me look around a second...

OK:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10472739/baltimore-orioles-sign-suk-min-yoon-three-year-contract

a three-year contract for $5,575,000, a deal that could escalate to $13,075,000 if the pitcher starts 26 or more games each season.

Less then 2 million a year isn't large and they could cut him next spring for a portion of his contract if it is obvious he won't be competitive in MLB.

They were posted when he signed.

Let me look around a second...

OK:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10472739/baltimore-orioles-sign-suk-min-yoon-three-year-contract

Less then 2 million a year isn't large and they could cut him next spring for a portion of his contract if it is obvious he won't be competitive in MLB.

Thanks for bringing some sanity to the "waste of money" statements. If he is a failure this season, he will likely cost them about 2M for a one-season gamble.

I would guess that the entire $5,575,000 is guaranteed money whether he is cut or not. However, they could send him to the minors next season. In that case, he would either have to go or declare FA and give up the salary. I think. Not a huge waste spread over 3 years but a waste nonetheless.

Why couldn't they pull a Bonifacio on him next spring?

If you tell me what a Bonafacio is, maybe I can answer.

When the team cuts a player during ST due to an inability to play at the MLB level and only has to pay a portion of his salary.

Royals did it to Bonafacio this spring.

Folks were speculating that the O's might do it to Nolan.

One year contract as opposed to guaranteed multi year deal. You think the Orioles could cut Ubaldo Jiminez next spring and get out of the last 3 years of his contract? Don't work that way. That's why the Angles are still paying Vernon Wells.

Right, right. Well that and the Union.

Oh well if he doesn't pan out then they are still only on the hook for ~4 million.

Still worth it if they figure there is a realistic shot he could get back to where he was a few years ago.

Yoon.....second start better than the first. Maybe the third starts gets even better, and the fourth........

Why be so anxious to write him off after his first two starts coming off an ST injury. For whatever reason, such dismissive threats are far too common here, justified or not. The lingering effect of all the bad players that passed through Baltimore during those 14 consecutive losing seasons perhaps.

Yoon.....second start better than the first. Maybe the third starts gets even better, and the fourth........

Why be so anxious to write him off after his first two starts coming off an ST injury. For whatever reason, such dismissive threats are far too common here, justified or not. The lingering effect of all the bad players that passed through Baltimore during those 14 consecutive losing seasons perhaps.

He didn't have a ST injury. The injury is from last season.

I was going to post on him last night but didn't get a chance. I was at the game in Charlotte and Yoon looked ok to me. He gave up some hits but not a ton hit real hard. 6 hits one grounder that went up the middle and one down the line. His fastball command waas clearly off and he seemed to be using his breaking stuff and getting guys out. When he got ahead of the hitters his secondaries were very crisp. He did have four walks but like I said most of that was his fastball was not being located. He gave up two extra base hits. One was a bad pitch that was hit into left the other was a one that I thought Adams should have made down the line but he was slow reacting. I know Manny would have made it but it glanced off his glove and rolled into the outfield. From what I saw if he can locate his fastball he should be ok. His secondaries looked major league type with what appeared to be a split or maybe change that he used to get the strikeouts.

I was going to post on him last night but didn't get a chance. I was at the game in Charlotte and Yoon looked ok to me. He gave up some hits but not a ton hit real hard. 6 hits one grounder that went up the middle and one down the line. His fastball command waas clearly off and he seemed to be using his breaking stuff and getting guys out. When he got ahead of the hitters his secondaries were very crisp. He did have four walks but like I said most of that was his fastball was not being located. He gave up two extra base hits. One was a bad pitch that was hit into left the other was a one that I thought Adams should have made down the line but he was slow reacting. I know Manny would have made it but it glanced off his glove and rolled into the outfield. From what I saw if he can locate his fastball he should be ok. His secondaries looked major league type with what appeared to be a split or maybe change that he used to get the strikeouts.

This is great! Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Archived