Angelos yet to sign off? ESPN

minnesotaoriole

Yes, the Roberts deal. It doesn't make sense that PA would kill it outright, but I could see him telling AM that he wanted EB to go first to make sure a full rebuild was underway before BR was dealt....and I could see AM living with that condition.

Depending on how what perspective you have and what semantics you choose to use, you can say he 'killed it', 'didn't kill it', 'wasn't presented with it', just about any way you want to flip it. If a source chose to say PGA killed it instead of 'tabled it until after EB was traded' that could color the way it's presented.

I have no dog in this fight. Hopefully EB abd BR will both be traded for decent pkgs and the hand wringing will be over.

I think this is a very well thought opinion. And let me tell you, Sportsradio in Chicago is buzzing about the trade because they think it will clear the way for Roberts being traded to the Cubs.

So if Tuesday is the day for the Bedard announcement, might as well make Wednesday the day for the Roberts announcement. Sound good to you?:D:D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can assure you, Angelos hasn't nixed any deals.

All of you need to chill. Things aren't going to happen today, so you don't have to refresh the hangout every 5 minutes.

ESPN's a huge Orioles downer, and until they have something else to say about Angelos they're going to keep saying this same stuff. Angelos isn't meddling here, there's a whole different issue that's happening here.

How can you assure me???

All of you need to chill. Things aren't going to happen today, so you don't have to refresh the hangout every 5 minutes.

ESPN's a huge Orioles downer, and until they have something else to say about Angelos they're going to keep saying this same stuff. Angelos isn't meddling here, there's a whole different issue that's happening here.

As a Cub fan I feel your pain. When the Cubs are a playoff contender all we hear from ESPN and FOX is about goat curses, blackcats and a poor fan named Bartman. Can't these "journalists" come up with something new?

I was typing fast, but I think it is obvious that it was my intended title. I think I originally titled it Angelos yet sign off... I forgot to add the "to" thanks, but that was what I was writing about!!!!!

The Original thread title was misleading regardless of your intention as was pretending it said that all along. It didn't until I corrected it. Believe it or not it changed the meaning.

ESPN is one of, if not the most, formulaic websites around. With teams that they don't cover very often (IE the Orioles), it's very much A+B=C.

If a deal seems to be held up, Angelos is the reason. They don't have anywhere near the connections they do compared to the Sox or Yankees. Whenever a story breaks with either of those teams, they have maybe 5 or 6 anaylsts from each town discussing the same damn thing. How often do you see that with the Orioles?

Man you are hard headed. I KNOW what the title says. But the STORY says he hasn't even SEEN the deal. How can he sign off on something he hasn't seen? So now we just read "headlines" and make up the rest of the STORY for ourselves? Some of us have lost our minds!

Actually, it says he got the particulars of the deal on Sunday night, but would not be available to confer with O's officials until after Monday. So he has SEEN the deal, just not been able to discuss it with Macphail and Co. as of yet. I think EVERYONE should go back and read the article at least once.:D

ESPN is one of, if not the most, formulaic websites around. With teams that they don't cover very often (IE the Orioles), it's very much A+B=C.

If a deal seems to be held up, Angelos is the reason. They don't have anywhere near the connections they do compared to the Sox or Yankees. Whenever a story breaks with either of those teams, they have maybe 5 or 6 anaylsts from each town discussing the same damn thing. How often do you see that with the Orioles?

With all due respect, I still don't know if that answers the question - how can you ASSURE us that Angelos hasn't nixed ANY deals?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post

Man you are hard headed. I KNOW what the title says. But the STORY says he hasn't (EVEN SEEN THE DEAL). How can he sign off on something he hasn't seen? So now we just read "headlines" and make up the rest of the STORY for ourselves? Some of us have lost our minds!

THE ARTICLE SAYS HE DID SEE IT SUNDAY NIGHT, SO GO READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN BUDDY!!!!!! And for the misleading title, can't I make one typing error by omitting the "to" without getting scrutinized? WOW SCOTTIE... you seem like you are a genius and someone who actually had a PhD in English. calm down man!!!! simple error...I'd expect more of a neutrality from a Staff Editor!!!!! disappointing man!!!!

No you wouldn't and neither would I. If my desire were to be commissioner someday the last thing I want to due it to butt heads with one of the votes I need to get me in that position. PGA only needs to get a few of his buddies and no commish for you!

Where has it ever been reported beyond unsubstantiated rumors that McPhail is being considered for commish!? I have it on VERY good authority that he's not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post

Man you are hard headed. I KNOW what the title says. But the STORY says he hasn't (EVEN SEEN THE DEAL). How can he sign off on something he hasn't seen? So now we just read "headlines" and make up the rest of the STORY for ourselves? Some of us have lost our minds!

THE ARTICLE SAYS HE DID SEE IT SUNDAY NIGHT, SO GO READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN BUDDY!!!!!! And for the misleading title, can't I make one typing error by omitting the "to" without getting scrutinized? WOW SCOTTIE... you seem like you are a genius and someone who actually had a PhD in English. calm down man!!!! simple error...I'd expect more of a neutrality from a Staff Editor!!!!! disappointing man!!!!

Dude you need to chilax a little bit here. The thread title was misleading and several posters even commented on it being a confusing title. Scottie renamed the thread title so people wouldn't be jumping the gun on what's going on here. He was doing that to make things more clear for everyone, so there is no need to get bent out of shape and start insulting him.

I can't relay too much information, and if I came off as rude in my previous post please excuse me, that wasn't my intent. My guy did tell me don't expect anything today.

Also, on a side note, he's a big fan of the way Angelos has turned over the reigns. Mcphail has control of this thing.

Archived