Just Keep on Winning the Series

Jonesy10

We didn't split with the Nationals.

We took 3 out-of-4 games from them overall.

2 out of 3 in a 4-day span in July, and then we beat them in the make-up game 4 weeks later.

Were they not a pair of two game series? The O's won one series and split the other.

If the O's and Yanks play a home and away it doesn't count as a six game series.

Well, I was close. Seems so long ago. Kind of like the game today. Took forever, and I just couldn't convince myself they were going to win for some reason. Just didn't have a good feeling.

Yeah. The only sweep that we have in that 19-series span is the one against the Rangers (4 games.)

For some reason, the Orioles have been having a lot of trouble with completing sweeps.

But more importantly, they have been playing very good, consistent baseball over a long period of time with very good pitching and defense.

In these last 19 series, they have gone 36-19 overall, going from being 5 and-a-half games back in the division to being 6 games up.

That's an 11 and-a-half game improvement over the competition within the division in that span. :cool:

Were they not a pair of two game series? The O's won one series and split the other.

If the O's and Yanks play a home and away it doesn't count as a six game series.

Since switching from two 3-game series against cross-town rivals series (Orioles-Nationals, Yankees-Mets, White Sox-Cubs, etc.) that was the previous format to the current one of 4 consecutive contests of home-and-home games, I was under the impression that that was now officially considered one 4-game series.

I'm not sure, though.

If not, I will amend our series record accordingly.

Since switching from two 3-game series against cross-town rivals series (Orioles-Nationals, Yankees-Mets, White Sox-Cubs, etc.) that was the previous format to the current one of 4 consecutive contests of home-and-home games, I was under the impression that that was now officially considered one 4-game series.

I'm not sure, though.

To me it would belay common sense. Doesn't mean that MLB didn't do it.

I'm not sure, though.

To me it would belay common sense. Doesn't mean that MLB didn't do it.

ESPN seems to think it was a 1-game series, 2-game series, and a 1-game series.

This page reads like it was a single series...

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_07_10_wasmlb_balmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=bal#gid=2014_07_10_wasmlb_balmlb_1&mode=wrap

Who knows. My impression was the same as Patrick's... that it was a single 4-game home-and-home series. I freely admit that I could be wrong.

This MLB article looks like it is two two-game series.

Next week's rivalry home-and-home series, in one sense, could be seen as a way to kick off the summer with a format that gives a little taste of the postseason in May for the first time -- two teams going home-and-home consecutively. In another sense, Feeney says it was a key way to get the unprecedented schedule to fit, since there had to be a "squeeze week" -- one week in which every team plays three series -- and the rivals were going to play a pair of two-game series at some point, anyway.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130523&content_id=48380512&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb