MLB will suspend Machado for five games. Machado plans to appeal.

Greg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All well said.

Personally I think throwing a bat down 3rd base line without any clear cut evidence that it was intentional...and then having him suspended 5 games is certainly a bit much. Especially knowing that Abad got zippo for throwing at him not once, but twice. I mean, the ump after the first pitch should have said something. Not sure if people were paying attention, but Manny has had his knee thrown at during the series at least 4-5 times. And it wasn't pitchers "missing their spots".

Anyone who saw that knows that intentionally thrown. Hell the O's are barely even protesting that fact. He deserves the 3-5 games he will get, he will learn and I doubt it will happen again.

Abad should have been suspended IMO also for 3 games or something. Lets not be disingenous and act like Manny was thrown at for no reason. It was apparent that even if the contact between his bat and the catcher was incidental, Manny was having no part of the usual common cursory apologies. That's pretty much asking to be thrown at, its disrespectful and not to bright if you have a surgically repaired knee. I love Manny but the guy was asking to be thrown at IMO....if this was Donaldson love tapping Matt Weiters with his bat and Darren O'Day retaliated....I doubt we would demanding a suspension.

Donaldson has had a run in before this season after the Twins thought he stood and posed at a homer in Minnesota yet no one seems to mention that.

Because it has NOTHING to do with Manny throwing his bat.

Just because Donaldson is a giant butt clown does not mean Manny is justified in acting like one to. Why is that so hard for people to see?

Also I'm going to blame the pitchers. if they would start throwing at the opponents when our players are thrown at, maybe Machado wouldnt have felt like he had to do some on his own.

in the Oakland series, I seen Cruz get thrown at inside, i seen Davis get thrown out inside, I seen Machado get thrown at inside and not once did I ever see any of our pitchers throw inside at their batters or just try to brush him off the plate, not once.

Donaldson has had a run in before this season after the Twins thought he stood and posed at a homer in Minnesota yet no one seems to mention that.

I haven't looked at the link you provided but I remember when this happened. Actually, I think this might be another instance of Donaldson not really doing anything wrong. He hit a long foul fly ball. He was watching to see if it was fair or foul. It went foul and that's what he was watching. After Perkins, who for all indications is a good guy, strikes out Donaldson he barks at him a bit for watching the foul fly. Donaldson yaps back. I think this was a case of Perkins overreacting a bit, like Manny did with the tag.

However, I should check out the video to refresh my memory. :o

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Davis said if it were his suspension he would serve it right away. But Machado's decision</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you think about it, how hard is to hit a guy in the freakin knee? It's hard enough to hit a guy sometimes in the core, let alone the knee. It'd be pretty dumb luck imo and Abad by all accounts isn't even a command guy. Probably was designed to make him dance though.

Exactly. This was not about hitting his surgically repaired knee, it was about the fact that Manny was love tapping the catcher not once but twice without so much as a cursory apology. I love Manny to death and think he will fine but he pretty much asked to be thrown at. I played ball at the high school level and JUCO level and if someone pulled that kinda disrespect with my catcher...you bet your butt he is getting beaned or at least having a message sent. That's just how the game works

Because it has NOTHING to do with Manny throwing his bat.

Just because Donaldson is a giant butt clown does not mean Manny is justified in acting like one to. Why is that so hard for people to see?

I think its more of, Oakland kept pushing him and he finally broke. Manny wasn't acting like that because of someone elses rep around three league. He did it because he felt disrespected or a target in some way.

IF anyone here has played a competitive sport and is actually competitive than you can't sit here and say that not once have you overreacted to something in hindsight looked to be petty.

Everyone wanted him to apologize and he did. Now he gets a suspension and appeals to try and help the team and he is still getting hammered.

That's what I don't understand. Why does Manny have to accept the appeal and move on. Why cant the fans who keep making him out to be a villain rage the high road and stop saying things, that honestly, you could careless about?

If we can cheer for Young who.actually hit someone with a bat because he struck out, then why are we making Mannys actions such a huge deal?

Also I'm going to blame the pitchers. if they would start throwing at the opponents when our players are thrown at, maybe Machado wouldnt have felt like he had to do some on his own.

in the Oakland series, I seen Cruz get thrown at inside, i seen Davis get thrown out inside, I seen Machado get thrown at inside and not once did I ever see any of our pitchers throw inside at their batters or just try to brush him off the plate, not once.

"I seen" Chen hit Donaldson.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Davis said if it were his suspension he would serve it right away. But Machado's decision</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ummm...not a good sign for clubhouse chemistry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived