MLB will suspend Machado for five games. Machado plans to appeal.

Greg

I know the difference. The point was, the fact is, you're a liar and a hypocrite!

You are building a strawman, and personally attacking me without knowing a thing about me. Going 50MPH over the speed limit is reckless. You can find some articles of that for sure. Of the billion speeding tickets given out each year in the US, I'll guarantee that nearly all of them are for 15 MPH or so over the limit, big difference. Again, you know nothing about me, or what I do or don't do. The fact is, I see it every single day, doing 85 in a 65 isn't recklessly endangering anyone, as the general flow of traffic in a 65 is 75 MPH anyway, and I don't know a cop who would pull you over for doing 10 MPH over the limit, you want to point to extremes like doing 115 MPH or whatever, well that's a different ballgame. I've never driven that fast, even in a police car, ever. In fact, if you get into a pursuit it immediately gets terminated by a boss for the exact reason that they don't want to recklessly endanger the public. But, what do I know. You're right, I'm a drunk driving speedster who menaces the streets on a daily basis. I'm the worst. Citing the citation as reason for arrest is pretty silly, too. You know that people have arrest warrants for not having their dogs licensed, or playing music too loud in their apartments? Its for not paying their FINES, not because they endanger someone.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't insulted anyone, if you feel I need a banning, go for it. I'm not personally attacking anyone, I'm trying to reasonably show the difference between reckless behavior and not being reckless. This will be my last post for a while.

I haven't insulted anyone, if you feel I need a banning, go for it. I'm not personally attacking anyone, I'm trying to reasonably show the difference between reckless behavior and not being reckless. This will be my last post for a while.

I think you shut the personal stuff down when I asked. That's all I ever ask.

The first phrase was correct. If you make this your last post for a while you will have shown he got to you AND I'll be insulted. (insert smiley here for Gordo) You are better than that.

I call BULL****! Ever drink and drive? Drive faster then the speed limit? Giving you a gun makes you special? Cops never do anything that recklessly endangers others? Like, chasing someone at 100+ miles a hour because they changed lanes without turn signal? How about you come down off your soap box. He threw a bat, that landed 100+ feet away, 10-15 feet from a player who was 90+ feet away from him.

I see the perfect people are out today. The ones who have never ever done anything wrong, bad, dangerous, stupid in their life. Must be nice living in your imaginary world.

I loved this post, good call. :beerchug1:

I loved this post, good call. :beerchug1:

I love that post also. Glad someone finally called out the fact that it doesn't make anyone special to carry a gun in their line of work. In fact, most who do or have done so certainly don't have to brag about and in fact, most would never mention it at all to anybody.

Yet this guy with his John Goodman Avatar blasting away with two pistols apparently thinks he's all that, and special because he was issued a firearm, which really makes me laugh. Next thing we will see is his range score as his avatar, ha, ha.

It is also just as bizarre seeing all the sanctimonoius crap raining down here on Manny - a 21 year old, (youngest Oriole on roster I believe) for making a mistake in the heat of the moment in a baseball game.

I love that post also. Glad someone finally called out the fact that it doesn't make anyone special to carry a gun in their line of work. In fact, most who do or have done so certainly don't have to brag about and in fact, most would never mention it at all to anybody.

Yet this guy with his John Goodman Avatar blasting away with two pistols apparently thinks he's all that, and special because he was issued a firearm, which really makes me laugh. Next thing we will see is his range score as his avatar, ha, ha.

It is also just as bizarre seeing all the sanctimonoius crap raining down here on Manny - a 21 year old, (youngest Oriole on roster I believe) for making a mistake in the heat of the moment in a baseball game.

I'm not getting into argument between others but will say this:

Manny didn't make just 1 mistake. He made 4! He got mad at a routine tag out. He threw his bat. And he hit the catcher (intentionally?) not once but twice.

Unacceptable.

Manny didn't make just 1 mistake. He made 4! He got mad at a routine tag out. He threw his bat. And he hit the catcher (intentionally?) not once but twice.

Unacceptable.

I can see your viewpoint, but I personally think Manny is most at fault for the tag incident as I do believe he overeacted to that. The bat thrown was totally wrong, but in that case so was the pitcher in provoking it by throwing at his surgically repaired knee, not once, but twice. Finally the hitting of the catcher with the backswing I believe was unintentional, as he almost did it again last night against Boston. Thorne even said he has a very long backswing (Manny) and catchers should realize that and set up a little further back. He did say something to the Boston catcher as a show of sportsmanship which is probably all he would have needed to do in the Oakland game and nobody would have said anything about it.

Unacceptable.

You are correct, and which has been stated several times, however, some want to conveniently overlook the truth, so they can rant and rage.

I've been on this board in some variation for 10 years, and many people over the years have shared their professions. I never brag about anything *cough* 250 *cough*, John Goodman has a single gun in his hand that he's racking and I'm certainly nothing special, nor pretend to be. You can go back to your regularly scheduled trolling now, I'm not biting again.

Archived