Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're willing to give up six years of Bundy for the right to pay Lester $100M+?

You act like the money means something to me (us fans). If the owner has it and is willing to spend it, then yea, absolutely.

And as far as the 6 yearsfof Bundy, that you make sound like giving up Randy Johnson. I would give up Bundys question marked 6 years for Lesters next six years in a heartbeat.

You act like the money means something to me (us fans). If the owner has it and is willing to spend it, then yea, absolutely.

And as far as the 6 yearsfof Bundy, that you make sound like giving up Randy Johnson. I would give up Bundys question marked 6 years for Lesters next six years in a heartbeat.

We have a fundamentally different view of value in baseball.

Also, absolutely you should care about how the Orioles spend their money. Because if the owner is Peter Angelos, or someone else, they don't have an infinite amount and fiscal stupidity will hamper their ability to win.

This line of reasoning is completely unreasonable...and meaningless. If money was no object, then you might as well argue that the O's should grab every single FA who might be of some value to the team. The O's should have outbid the Rangers for Choo and the Mariners for Cano. Tanaka should be preparing for TJ surgery on the O's dime. Darvish should have already been with the team for a couple years. Garza, Santana, McCann...Hell, they should all be in orange and black. Because it's not our money, right?

But you completely ignored the actual question: six years of Bundy for the "right" to pay Lester $100 million. That's not to say that the O's under Angelos would ever, ever give that kind of money to a pitcher (or any player, for that matter). What the O's would actually be buying with Bundy's potential is 10-12 starts from Lester this year before Lester signs with another team in free agency.

It's not our money. Fine, sure. But that doesn't mean it'll get spent in the ways you're suggesting. Lester is a rental, nothing more. And you don't trade a top, top prospect for a rental. Unless you really believe the organization would be better off in 2015 without Bundy and Lester.

This line of reasoning is completely unreasonable...and meaningless. If money was no object, then you might as well argue that the O's should grab every single FA who might be of some value to the team. The O's should have outbid the Rangers for Choo and the Mariners for Cano. Tanaka should be preparing for TJ surgery on the O's dime. Darvish should have already been with the team for a couple years. Garza, Santana, McCann...Hell, they should all be in orange and black. Because it's not our money, right?

But you completely ignored the actual question: six years of Bundy for the "right" to pay Lester $100 million. That's not to say that the O's under Angelos would ever, ever give that kind of money to a pitcher (or any player, for that matter). What the O's would actually be buying with Bundy's potential is 10-12 starts from Lester this year before Lester signs with another team in free agency.

It's not our money. Fine, sure. But that doesn't mean it'll get spent in the ways you're suggesting. Lester is a rental, nothing more. And you don't trade a top, top prospect for a rental. Unless you really believe the organization would be better off in 2015 without Bundy and Lester.

I understand what you guys are saying.

But do you think Yankee fans care about how much money they spend on FAs wether they pan out or not. No, all they care about is being able to throw all those titles in our faces anytime we brag about a win. I do also understand the Os don't have that much to spend. But just saying.

As far as im.concerned the Os git a steal with AJs contract, we arent going to be resigning Cruz. And if we don't resign CD and potentially Hardy, our pitching better be damn good and I woild feel more comfortable giving up Bundy for Lester.

We still have Harvey and Gausman. With a rotation or Tillman, Jimenez, Lester, Chen.

We are getting cheap baseball from Manny and Schoop will far out produce his contract next year. We should be able to sign Pearce to a reasonable extension who can man Crus or Markakis position.

The Os could make that move without totally hampering their future.

And to.point out your last paragraph. I said I would only do if it Lester would agree to an extension which is why you/we are taking about the money in the first place. I already said I wouldn't give that up for a rental.

No surprise to me anyway

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per source, looks like Orioles out of mix for Lester</p>— Rob Bradford (@bradfo) <a href="

">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No surprise to me anyway

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per source, looks like Orioles out of mix for Lester</p>— Rob Bradford (@bradfo) <a href="

Just announced Lester has been scratched from tomorrows start. Reports are deal will get done tonight or tomorrow.

I'm guessing Mariners, Pirates, or Dodgers. Fingers crossed that its the Os.

No surprise to me anyway

I'm ok with that considering the rumored cost in prospects.

Just announced Lester has been scratched from tomorrows start. Reports are deal will get done tonight or tomorrow.

I'm guessing Mariners, Pirates, or Dodgers. Fingers crossed that its the Os.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been told that Lester has NOT yet been traded. This feels proactive to avoid an injury/bizarre situation if he did start <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redsox?src=hash">#Redsox</a></p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been told that Lester has NOT yet been traded. This feels proactive to avoid an injury/bizarre situation if he did start <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redsox?src=hash">#Redsox</a></p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

Well, that's too bad. I was hoping he'd get that start against Toronto. :noidea:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You can add Gerardo Parra to the list of players being shopped by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/dbacks?src=hash">#dbacks</a>, according to one MLB exec.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

This guy fits the mold of defensive outfielder that Buck would like. He's not hitting, but I'm wondering if a Pearce/Parra platoon could work?

He'll never sign with the Cubs over LAD, BOS, or NY. Don't care how much he loves Theo.

Cubs will have 40-50M to spend his offseason and they're going to have a line up with Baez,Bryant,Alcantara,Soler,Rizzo and Castro in it. They're going to be a hot FA destination over the next two years.

Cubs will have 40-50M to spend his offseason and they're going to have a line up with Baez,Bryant,Alcantara,Soler,Rizzo and Castro in it. They're going to be a hot FA destination over the next two years.
Not as much money and not as hot as the LAD the next few years.

Archived