Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Bundy will not pitch for the orioles this season. Period.

Not this season, I just mean in the future. Next year someone will have to be taken out of the rotation for Bundy.. you'd have Bundy, Gausman, Jiminez, Chen and Tillman, so Gonzalez would be the oddman out. He doesn't really have a long term spot on the team.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My prediction is that the deal being discussed is likely something like MiGo, ERod and Yaz for Lester.

My guess is that Boston is going to trade him. They would likely prefer higher end prospects but if they cant get that in return are setting the groundwork for a deal that will bring them something back in return for Lester.

My last prediction is that the Dodgers or another team will step up with a better deal as a result. Basically I think the Red Sox are trying to push another suitor to step up or get lucky and have the O's include a Bundy or Harvey (despite the injury which is not that bad comparative to a UCL injury)

Yeah, this one stings a little more. Probably more accurate. That said, I agree this is a ploy to get someone else to up their offer.

Not this season, I just mean in the future. Next year someone will have to be taken out of the rotation for Bundy.. you'd have Bundy, Gausman, Jiminez, Chen and Tillman, so Gonzalez would be the oddman out. He doesn't really have a long term spot on the team.

Lol, I pointed that out on your behalf but we both forgot bud!

I'll just go ahead and say it: I'd be disappointed to see Gonzo and a prospect traded for Lester. Not because the deal would be unfair, but because Gonzo always seems to say the "right" things about being in and playing for Baltimore, whereas Lester is, at best, a mercenary. I don't think Gonzo's a super-great pitcher, but I think he "fits" the O's a lot better than a rental would.

Same here. I really like Gonzo. Came from nowhere and has been a very solid SP. Gotta like a guy like that.

Lol, I pointed that out on your behalf but we both forgot bud!

Yeah I guess I did... it makes it even tougher for Gonzalez to be more than a relief pitcher for us if you consider Bud too. There just won't be enough rotation spots for him.

Yeah, this one stings a little more. Probably more accurate. That said, I agree this is a ploy to get someone else to up their offer.

I think DD has been pretty consistent in his comments about not wanting to trade Bundy, Harvey or KG. I doubt they do that.

If they can get Lester for Gonzo, ERod and Yaz....its a lot in some ways but I would do that in a Texas minute. Lester makes your rotation instantly more solid in any series. MiGo I love but am not sure long term were he fits in. You have Ubaldo (stuck with), KG, Norris, Chen, Tillman and at some point Bundy next year in the role KG has done this season (though likely later in the year). If your gonna move a guy MiGo makes some sense. ERod...I like the kid but to improve your rotation that much...well bye bye. I do hope the other name being considered is not Cisco though

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Some other poss LHP Os have had at least some interest in: Tony Sipp, Andrew Miller and Oliver Perez. Heard An. Bastardo not an option</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Put me in the camp that would love Lester, but would feel really bad for gonzo. I love that guy. He's been a part of the turnaround. It would be sad if he couldn't reap the benefits. Plus, if we won the World Series, we'd have to try to make sure Lester doesn't pitch the clinching game. Yuck.

Can I just point out the obvious?

How freaking cool is it that we are even in this position to dream/speculate and consider how to improve our team for WS run?

It's gonna be a crazy 24 hrs or so but regardless of what happens, I am just glad we have a team that is in a position to win

He is someone I wanted them to target. Only problem is he's a rental so I don't want to overpay.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cottsne01.shtml

Lefty with 9.8 K/9 no pronounced platoon split.

Agreed. Over two years in the Texas system after coming back from Tommy John surgery he's got 10.0 K/9, a 2.18 ERA and a 1.146 WHIP. I think he's one of the best LH options on the trade block.

NS_29RangersReds23_31925430_566489.JPG

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Some other poss LHP Os have had at least some interest in: Tony Sipp, Andrew Miller and Oliver Perez. Heard An. Bastardo not an option</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That makes sense. The Phillies seem to have no intention of improving themselves in the future.

Archived