Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa Just say no!!!!

Greg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>De La Rosa pitching tonight for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockies?src=hash">#Rockies</a> in Colorado. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> scouting him.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good. I want him in Baltimore.

I do not see McCarthy or De La Rosa being appreciably better than what we have now. At least with McCarthy you can make a case. Who is De La Rosa better than in our rotation?

Of the two though I far prefer McCarthy to De La Rosa hands down.

Which is why i think it makes no sense. Yeah we maybe interested in him as a bullpen guy but will want to pay him for that while the Rockies will want to get starter value for him.

He has been lights out vs lefties the last 4 years though so if you can get him colorado to take reliever value he would atleast make some sense.

If you can get him at reliever value sure....Its a walk year for him so maybe Colorado would take whatever for him if we eat some of the salary due the rest of the year ....basically something better than nothing kinda deal. Under that scenario he makes some sense as a reliever and insurance policy.

I do not see McCarthy or De La Rosa being appreciably better than what we have now. At least with McCarthy you can make a case. Who is De La Rosa better than in our rotation?

I don't necessarily think so either. But it appears the O's want a back-end starter. If that is the case, McCarthy was easily my number 1 choice of all the options.

Did you see the game Nuno pitched as an exYankee?

Archived