Ofelky Peralta

QBsILLEST1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 20, the goal should be to develop guys until they're 24, work on everything possible as you mature through age 24. Some will advance more quickly but I feel like everyone is rushed, pitching takes a long time to get a feel for, you have guys changing grips, arm angles, place on the mound, wind ups, etc. I wish the emphasis was completely developmental, just work on a pitch for a month or 2 at a time...work on a grip for a few months, don't worry about anything but getting one pitch at a time where you want it. These days Everyone hits 99mph if it doesn't move, I want the O's to be more patient than they've been. 

o

This was Peralta's 2nd solid outing in his last 3 starts (he pitched 5 innings of shutout ball 2 starts ago.)

He did allow 4 free passes (3 Walks and 1 Hit Batsman) in only 6 Innings Pitched, though.

18 OUTS: ) 6 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Popout, 1 Out Going from 1st to 3rd on a Single

OFELKY PERALTA REYNOSO )))))) (vs. Advanced-A Down East, 7/17)

IP:llllll6

H:.llllll6 ll(1 Triple, 2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:.llllll1

BB:llll3

SO:l...5

Pitches: )l 102 )l(61 )Strikes, )41 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 6.28 (Advanced-A Frederick)

2017 WHIP: )l 1.953 (Advanced-A Frederick) )  71.67 IP  (140 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .275 (Advanced-A Frederick) )  78 for 284

PITCHES BY INNING

19 lll(71 lStrikes, 12 lllBalls)

18 lll(12 llStrikes, ll 61 lBalls)

17 lll(14 lllStrikes, ll 31 .Balls)

61 l.(41 lllStrikes, lll 21 lBalls)

20 lll(13 lllStrikes, ll71 llBalls)

22 lll(11 lllStrikes, ll 11 llllBalls)

o

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

It's pretty easy to see at least one thing he needs to work on. His foot lands in different spots the first half of the video. He's all over the place. Later in the video he finds a more consistent landing spot and his pitches are around the zone.

Peralta had four good starts out of five in July, including his last three.   Hopefully he can finish the season strong.    I see him repeating Frederick in any event, but it would nice for him to go into the offseason feeling he'd made progress.   

• 5 weeks later...

Archived