Ofelky Peralta

QBsILLEST1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be in Advanced-A Frederick this summer. I guarantee it.

While he has an excellent ERA of 2.11, he has walked a ton of batters (25 walks in only 38.33 innings pitched), and has not had a overall good strikes-to-balls ratio.

He's the quintessential example of talented, but still raw.

Considering those factors and his age (19), I don't see the Orioles promoting him anytime soon.

While he has an excellent ERA of 2.11, he has walked a ton of batters (25 walks in only 38.33 innings pitched), and has not had a overall good strikes-to-balls ratio.

Considering those factors and his age (19), I don't see the Orioles promoting his anytime soon.

So essentially he's a home grown Ubaldo (good stuff, bad command)? Wouldn't shock me if he stayed in Salisbury for a while.

He'll be in Advanced-A Frederick this summer. I guarantee it.

Considering those factors and his age (19), I don't see the Orioles promoting him anytime soon.

So essentially, he's a home-grown Ubaldo (good stuff, bad command)? Wouldn't shock me if he stayed in Salisbury for a while.

I don't think that that is a good comparison/analogy.

Jimenez is a 32 year-old Major League veteran who has had an erratic career, especially so in the 2-plus years that he has been pitching for the Orioles.

Peralta is a 19 year-old kid that is in the infancy stage of his professional baseball career ...... and he is consistently finding ways to keep runs off the board, which Jimenez has not been doing for the majority of his Orioles tenure.

I don't think that that is a good comparison/analogy.

Jimenez is a 32 year-old Major League veteran who has had a every erratic career, especially so in the 2-plus years that he has been pitching with the Orioles.

Peralta is a 19 year-old kid that is in the infancy stage of his professional baseball career ...... and he is consistently finding ways to keep runs off the board, which Jimenez has not been doing for the majority of his Orioles tenure.

Gotcha.

I'd be stunned if he's promoted to Frederick this season. He just turned 19 last month, his walks are way too high, and he's coming off of a shaky season. He's going GREAT for his age, but he ain't close to being ready for Fred.

That's what a scout told me as well. Still very raw, but a great arm. Made some big leaps from the year before though so that's very encouraging. May have the biggest upside of anyone in the system, including the always injured Harvey.

L

That's what a scout told me as well. Still very raw, but a great arm. Made some big leaps from the year before though so that's very encouraging. May have the biggest upside of anyone in the system, including the always injured Harvey.

I think Brian Gonzalez will be promoted first. He's repeating low A and startling to dominate. 1.95 ERA after a stellar outing today.

0 HR's in 111.33 professional innings pitched. I can't find doubles and triples.

2014: o 7 Doubles and 1 Triplell in 43.33 Innings Pitched

2015: o 2 Doubles and 0 Triples in 25.67 Innings Pitched

2016: o 6 Doubles and 1 Triplell in 42.33 Innings Pitched

MINOR LEAGUE CAREER: o 15 Doubles and 2 Triples in 111.33 Innings Pitched

o

4 free passes (2 walks and 2 hit batsmen) in only 3 innings pitched.

He also ceded the first home run ever in his minor league career (114.33 innings.)

9 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Flyouts, 1 Strikeout

OFELKY PERALTA REYNOSO O (vs. Regular-A Greensboro, 6/03)

IP:l 3

H:;; 6 ll(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:l) 5

BB: 2 *

SO: 1

Pitches: 68 (40 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.38 (Regular-A Delmarva)

* Peralta also had 2 hit Batsmen

PITCHES BY INNING

25 (12 Strikes, 13 Balls)

28 (17 Strikes, 11 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 41 Balls)

o

5 walks and 1 balk in only 5.67 innings pitched.

All 3 hits that he ceded were singles.

17 OUTS: 6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Caught Stealing, 1 Picked Off of 1st Base, 1 Popout

OFELKY PERALTA REYNOSO O (vs. Regular-A Lakewood, 6/09)

IP:l 5.67

H:;; 3 ll(3 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB: 5

SO: 3

Pitches: 83 (45 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.00 (Regular-A Delmarva)

PITCHES BY INNING

16 (71 Strikes, 91 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 31 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 31 Balls)

11 (51 Strikes, 61 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 41 Balls)

22 (91 Strikes, 13 Balls) *

* Peralta recorded 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Archived