vs. ANGELS, 7/29

OFFNY

Did Schoop kick your dog or something; or is Flash your good friend. What does Schoop's play the other day have to do with this?

Nah, I'd just like the better hitter to help us win. Flaherty has a .631 OPS over 600 PA, I'd take that over .580 all day. People are gushing over Schoop like he's a God, he's the worst hitting 2B in the league.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flaherty was playing in the hole. Play was at first base. Granted Flaherty should not have pulled up, but that play is on Hardy imo.

Not really. His job on that play, on the grounder to short, is to cover 2nd. Basic play and he seemingly forgot what he was supposed to do.

I'm not excusing Flaherty, he should have ran to 2B; but Hardy could've made the play at 1B.

Yep he could have if he didn't look at Flaherty.

But it's obviously Flaherty's job to be in the right place & give Hardy the option with Pujols running. Hardy was right to go the short way, IMO.

Nah, I'd just like the better hitter to help us win. Flaherty has a .631 OPS over 600 PA, I'd take that over .580 all day. People are gushing over Schoop like he's a God, he's the worst hitting 2B in the league.

I literally have seen nobody gushing over Schoop, just people realizing he has more ability. But, I guess we all narrate the story the way we want it to be told.

I am sure they know much more than Bordick and Hardy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have the O's broadcast tonight. Blacked out here but I'd say they aren't biased and I don't completely absolve Flaherty. Play was to first.

Archived