Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh, the Dodgers don't really strike fear into my heart. Not like the A's do. We've beaten Price plenty of times, too.

If we get to play the Dodgers in the playoffs, that'll be swell. That means we're in the Series.

They only have something when it's to refute a trade rumor. Seriously. Britt had the Lester talk, but then Roch and Connolly immediately threw cold water on it. Love these guys and all, but they don't break much.

Hard for local guys to complete with the big national media guys.

Besides DD plays it very close hold.

I guess they could offer Smyly + Castellanos.

I hope the Rays jump all over that, if for no other reason than we wouldn't have to worry about them for a while. That seems to me to be a really poor return for Price.

They only have something when it's to refute a trade rumor. Seriously. Britt had the Lester talk, but then Roch and Connolly immediately threw cold water on it. Love these guys and all, but they don't break much.

And Roch and Connolly were right. It was apparently never close. Not sure why posters rail on these guys because they report what they are hearing and/or not hearing. These guys end up being right more often than the others.

So. Any AL East deals other than last place sellers?

If there aren't, then I'm fine with standing pat. I like our team moving forward more than any of the other division competitors, and even with Oakland shaking up their rotation, I would take our chances in the playoffs against any of the other playoff teams.

After all, this is a team that played very well against Oakland and have beat up a bit on the Angels and Mariners.

Can't really blame them for not breaking anything if the Orioles have their leaks plugged.

Guest rochester
Meh, the Dodgers don't really strike fear into my heart. Not like the A's do. We've beaten Price plenty of times, too.

IDK, could you imagine having David Price as your #2 or even #3?

Archived