Nick Markakis: 1,500 Hits (1,501)

OFFNY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would make you question the FO if they pay him that. He's worth maybe a little more than half of that.

WHY does every thread about Nick have to turn into a commentary about his next contract. Can't we just enjoy what he just accomplished, entirely in an Orioles uniform? By the way, I agree he is unlikely to reach 3,000, despite hitting 1,500 at a relatively young age.

WHY does every thread about Nick have to turn into a commentary about his next contract. Can't we just enjoy what he just accomplished, entirely in an Orioles uniform? By the way, I agree he is unlikely to reach 3,000, despite hitting 1,500 at a relatively young age.

I thought he had a punchers chance a few years ago but the odds are against him now.

What do you guys think he'll end up with? I'd say a little less than 2500 hits.
2' date='944.

One more than Frank Robinson.[/color']

I'm not predicting 587 career home runs for him, though.

And if that doesn't work out, my second guess would be 3,088.

He's on pace to more hits then ever this season.

Ok? He's still on pace to finish the year with a WAR less than 2. Which will be his second straight year of that. And he's only going to decline from there. Nick probably has a few more years of starting in him, and then he will be a platoon player. Platoon players don't get enough at bats. His defense, speed, and power are just declining at too high of a rate to keep him in a team's lineup as a starter long enough to get to 3,000 hits.

Nick's not even a .300 hitter. He's a rather weak hitting .285 hitter with no speed. He got his big contract now it's time to get back to reality.

So you want to throw him under the bus? Who do we have that is fast besides Jones. Nick is one of the few guys in our lineup with

good pitch recognition and discipline.

It's the usual suspects

Archived