Confession: I Hate The Seven Nation Army Cheer at OPACY

Trace21230

I was at the game and I'm confident in my estimate. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ok dude....M&T holds roughly 72k so your saying that 1/3 of the fans there were Packer fans...so obvious your lying or have an agenda...This photo gallery was from that game and features pics from all aspects of the stadium...not even remotely close to your estimate and my estimate of 5-10k was probably to generous...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2013/10/13/packers-defeat-ravens-19-17/

Case closed :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wrong, but dream on.

Yea dude...whatever look at the pictures....if you were actually there like you said you were in your posts then you must have been hammered beyond belief.

Pictures don't lie buddy I can give more than just those 30....no way even 10% of that crowd was Packer fans never mind 1/3 ....but whatever you were there lol and the pics are wrong blah blah ...

Yea dude...whatever look at the pictures....if you were actually there like you said you were in your posts then you must have been hammered beyond belief.

Pictures don't lie buddy I can give more than just those 30....no way even 10% of that crowd was Packer fans never mind 1/3 ....but whatever you were there lol and the pics are wrong blah blah ...

I could be wrong, there could have been 30,000 packer fans there:)

I could be wrong, there could have been 30,000 packer fans there:)

lol whatever

Anyone who was there or even looks at the pictures at the stadium that day can tell what your full of :)

Not worth arguing with a person who can't admit when they are wrong....

I was at the game and I'm confident in my estimate. We'll have to agree to disagree.

You are wrong. I don't know what else to say. You are saying more than 1 in every 3 fans at that game was a Packers fan. It's just wrong. I was there as well.

If there were truly that many fans at the game they would have had an impact on the noise at the game - they did not. Again you are basically saying that if you put all Packer fans together, they would have taken up all of the seats in the stadium along a sideline. So plainly wrong, I don't know what else to say.

Are you a Packers fan or something?

Not being a Ravens fan, I didn't realize the chant was closely associated with the Ravens until reading that here. It's a pretty ubiquitous chant at sporting events. I hear it at Georgetown basketball games, and I heard it repeatedly at an Ohio State football game I attended last fall. I don't really like the chant in general, but since it has that "O" theme, which the fans emphasize when it is chanted at O's games, I find it tolerable, and, a bit intimidating to the opposition when the fans get really loud.

So, my anger at the Seven Nation Army cheer has been simmering ever since it first appeared at OPACY in 2012. If it was there before then, I don't remember it. It certainly wasn't present in what I'll call the lean years in the 2000s.

Here are my issues:

#1 - I view this as a Ravens cheers and a Maryland Terps cheer. It seems that the cheer only surfaced at OPACY was in 2012, when the bandwagon fans who weren't in the stand the prior 14 years decided to include the Orioles back into their sports lives.

#2 - The chant is often started at what seem to me to be inappropriate times. Specifically, the chant often comes before we have delivered the proverbial "dagger." I am not a believer in the "jinx," but I also view this cheer as a definitive "We Have Destroyed You" cheer, so why are people doing it before the real damage has been done?

My irritation at hearing this cheer at OPACY is rivaled only by my dislike of the wave and small children in attendance. ;)

Am I the only one who despises the Seven Nation Army cheer?

I don't hate it, but it is kind of old. Started out as Italy fans' theme song during the 2006 World Cup and has spread throughout the sports world since. Kind of "past it" at this point, IMO, but whatever the crowd wants to do to get into the game works for me.

You are wrong. I don't know what else to say. You are saying more than 1 in every 3 fans at that game was a Packers fan. It's just wrong. I was there as well.

If there were truly that many fans at the game they would have had an impact on the noise at the game - they did not. Again you are basically saying that if you put all Packer fans together, they would have taken up all of the seats in the stadium along a sideline. So plainly wrong, I don't know what else to say.

Are you a Packers fan or something?

Can we please stop debating the attendance of some now long done Raven's game?

Anyways, I largely agree JohnnyEutaw. Whatever the crowd wants to do to get into the game works for me, even if it's not my particular cup of tea.

Can we please stop debating the attendance of some now long done Raven's game?

Anyways, I largely agree JohnnyEutaw. Whatever the crowd wants to do to get into the game works for me, even if it's not my particular cup of tea.

It's not a debate, the poster was just wrong. Pretty fair to point out they were wrong if they continue to spout nonsense.

Archived