The guy I keep waiting for: Schoop

Frobby

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty much everyone but Davis and Pearce can be mocked for not taking walks. They'd rather swing at ball 4.

I'd agree but if I am a national writer I would think I have better things to do then mock an obviously in over his head 22 year old rookie.

But KLaw has never been one to ignore low hanging fruit.

Pretty much everyone but Davis and Pearce can be mocked for not taking walks. They'd rather swing at ball 4.

I'd characterize it more as they don't have the ability to tell ball four from a strike. Nobody wants to swing at ball four. Well, almost nobody... I'm sure Vlad was fine with it because of that almost superhuman ability to drive a ball that was 24" out of the strike zone.

I'd characterize it more as they don't have the ability to tell ball four from a strike. Nobody wants to swing at ball four. Well, almost nobody... I'm sure Vlad was fine with it because of that almost superhuman ability to drive a ball that was 24" out of the strike zone.

true, but in all fairness, if you were playing today and with the quality of the umpires behind the plate calling balls and strikes, what would you be doing?

I'd agree but if I am a national writer I would think I have better things to do then mock an obviously in over his head 22 year old rookie.

But KLaw has never been one to ignore low hanging fruit.

Law knows his stuff, but I've always found him to be an arrogant piss ant. I'm trying to figure out how I could have put that more delicately.

Na, it's fine.

Law knows his stuff, but I've always found him to be an arrogant piss ant. I'm trying to figure out how I could have put that more delicately.

Na, it's fine.

He is very talented. And a person I would not enjoy as a friend. It is easy to be dismissive in a game of pure failure.

No wonder we disagree so often. A very arrogant man. I could never use the word love to describe him.

Law is very snarky. And isn't afraid to go out on a limb about things, and sometimes he is wrong about those things. So the combination of those two things is going to rub people the wrong way. But if you listen to Buster Olney's podcast, and each day he has a different talking head come on, but always the same group of talking heads. Law is really the only one you hear that seems to have an understanding of baseball, breaks it down in a very logical way where even if you disagree with him, there is something there to respond to, and you'd have to really know what you are talking about to respond. And he brings something to the table in terms of personality, even if it is like a nerdy, snarky, heel commentator. To me sports is just better when you have somebody that everybody hates. Law is like the Bobby the Brain Heenan of baseball (nerdy old school wrestling reference.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• How much money did people have on this game? I know the Moneyline was huge.  Did someone lay the $265 to win $100?   The takeaways from this game is the Burnes is being a little pitch inefficient and seems stuck on the 5-6 IP range as opposed to the 6-7 IP SP that we need from him. The other one is the offense. You have to adjust to the ballpark. Homers on the road. More doubles and gap shots in our spacious LF.  I never understood what @Tony-OHwas saying about McKenna until last season. His baseball instincts aren’t there. I love the call up. Love the role. You can never argue having a backup CF/defensive replacement/pinch runner type. We have that at Util IF with Mateo, but we were hoping McKenna could fill that role for us. Nah, we might have to look outside the org for a vet Michael Bourn type. 
    • Nice to see some of these guys getting through five innings in the lower levels, building up innings so there will be less restrictions as they age through the system (barring injury of course). Really excited to see the fruits of the international program on the pitching side in particular. Hopefully it leads to our versions of Framber Valdez and the other Astros who have backfilled their rotation in recent years. 
    • I should have posted it in the rants forum. It was venting. Still pissed about pitching to Rooker though.  I probably won't watch much the next week or so. It is so infuriating watching us struggle against bad teams and Yankee games are really bad for my blood pressure as well. 
    • Back to Cowser.  That was a pretty terrible play by him in the 10th inning on Rooker’s double.  It seemed to take him a long time to get to the ball and then that throw was just a wild fling to nowheresville.  If he hits Gunnar crisply with a good throw, Langolier is probably out at the plate in my opinion.    Also, while I can see Mason Miller is very tough to hit, I wasn’t too pleased with Cowser failing to advance the zombie runner from 2B in the bottom of the 10th and nobody out.  He let strike 3 right over the middle of the plate go by for strike 3, his third strikeout of the night.   Cowser has cooled off a bit of late, .200/.314/.400 in his last ten games, with 15 K’s in 35 PA.  Hopefully he snaps back soon.    
    • It really makes the board a worse place to be frankly.  Yes you can just not click on these threads, but similar posts get sprinkled throughout.    It amazes me that some people, who purportedly have been baseball fans for a long time, get so worked up over one game this early in the season. Any rational fan knows we are going to lose at least 60 games bare minimum, even as one of the best teams in the AL. Yet it’s rant city after every one. It’s ridiculous, and as you said, straight up dumb. 
    • That’s pretty incredible to contemplate that we have both these guys playing simultaneously.  
    • So not a totally easy chance, but definitely one a defensive replacement should make. Maybe McKenna needs to blow one game a year on defense so they can win 101-games.  It's like an offering to the baseball Gods.  See, Elias really is playing 4D chess.
  • Popular Contributors