Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Wow.

3yrs left on his contract I think.....guess that would definitely mean Manny at short next year.

Only 2 left. Manny at SS next year if he's getting his knee fixed might not be ready for 2015 season.

2015 36 Texas Rangers $18,000,000

2016 37 Texas Rangers *$16,000,000 $16M Vesting Option The Rangers can void 2016 season if Beltre fails to have either 1,200 plate appearances in 2014-15 combined or 600 in 2015

I'm so sick of getting rosy projections from the Orioles' medical staff when Orioles players get hurt. They have zero credibility at this point.

It is odd, but there must be a reason for it, I can't believe they do it just to tease the fans....

I'd be interested to see a "what would you give up for Beltre" thread. Probably a good mix of panic and calm. Owed $18 million next season with a $16 million vesting option for 2016 (age 37 season).

Goodbye Bundy make it happen Dan.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week. Likely lost for the season. Big hit for O's.</p>? Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="
">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LA orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who did surgery on Machado's left knee in '13, expected to do surgery on right.</p>? Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Upside on Machado surgery: Small abnormality found in left knee also exists in right. That will be fixed during surgery.</p>? Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

You suck Birdland. Fire the messenger and all.

IDC what it takes you gotta get Adrian Beltre now. This is the year to win it all make the move Dan.

And what do you do with Beltre in 2015? Move Machado to SS? $18M salary in 2015 means at least one, if not two, of our free agents are gone.

Not against it but lot of logistics to figure out besides this year. And how you make the pot sweet enough for the Rangers to pull the trigger on moving what little offense they do have.

Only 2 left. Manny at SS next year if he's getting his knee fixed might not be ready for 2015 season.

2015 36 Texas Rangers $18,000,000

2016 37 Texas Rangers *$16,000,000 $16M Vesting Option The Rangers can void 2016 season if Beltre fails to have either 1,200 plate appearances in 2014-15 combined or 600 in 2015

Thx. Earlier this year for the surgery than last year so hopefully that allows him to recover in time. But it definitely took a while for him to be 100% even after he started playing again.

Archived