Mandatory metal detectors at Camden Yards

crowmst3k!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand the point.

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people at a game, why wouldn't they shoot them all while they are in line before they even enter the stadium. They'd be sitting ducks trying to get through the turnstiles.

Inconveniencing everyone and further conditioning people to be ok witn giving up civil liberties is not enough to justify what they are doing here.

Again, it only makes you safer inside the stadium which really isn't any safer at all quite frankly.

Nothing politics about it.

You are just trolling, and I am done with you, between this and that stupid picture you posted of the hanging oriole bird.

You are now in my ignore box.

SMH.

Not to worry, you were already in mine. But if I were to answer your question truthfully I would be in violation of the rules about political discussion. As would you be, even if you don't understand what politics means.

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people at a game, why wouldn't they shoot them all while they are in line before they even enter the stadium. They'd be sitting ducks trying to get through the turnstiles.

Inconveniencing everyone and further conditioning people to be ok witn giving up civil liberties is not enough to justify what they are doing here.

Again, it only makes you safer inside the stadium which really isn't any safer at all quite frankly.

It's not about body counts it's about imagery. Which makes a more terrifying news story. A gun man or several, opens fire on a crowd of people waiting to enter a stadium, or a gun men or several, opens fire on a field full of baseball players during a game slaughtering them all, then turning their guns on the surrounding spectators.

My godson just graduated from Army Boot Camp this summer, and let me tell you, American Patriotism is still held and respected by our troops.

It will never out live it's usefulness.

There's a large difference between being patriotism and jingoism. Nothing wrong with taking some pride in your country, being glad you were born and live in a good place. I'm somewhat less fond of taking pride in your country by punching others in the face while shouting "'MERICA!"

This is pretty much where I'm at. If someone wants to do something terrible, metal detectors aren't going to stop them. I'm probably the wrong person to talk about this stuff, though, as I'm all for every law abiding American to be lawfully toting a gun.

Maybe 'they' like instilling fear in the average citizen? They do it almost everyday. I think it has something to do with control.

The MLB is a private organization, they have the right to deny entry of certain things into their events. This is not the government doing this, it is a private entity. You do not have a civil liberty to do whatever you want and time and time again and getting wanded or walking through a metal detector has does not rise to the level of intrusion to warrant that type of response.

You want to sue the MLB in court for a violation of your rights, go right ahead. You will lose miserably because the organization is private and can easily prove that it's interests of prevention far outweigh the minor inconvenience you face standing still for 15 seconds.

I am not going to get political here - I won't. But just let me say that most of us wouldn't know REAL tyranny unless it shot us in the face. And people that drop that word like a wet bag of laundry in a conversation to either 1)Sound smarter than they are, or 2)Prepare to launch into an ill-informed rant about "slippery slopes" because they read Atlas Shrugged once.

In other words, it is a minor inconvenience at best. It really doesn't impact anyone's life in a meaningful way. Get over it.

The end.

This is pretty much where I'm at. If someone wants to do something terrible, metal detectors aren't going to stop them. I'm probably the wrong person to talk about this stuff, though, as I'm all for every law abiding American to be lawfully toting a gun.

Amen, I am a proponent of open carry, and should be allowed as a deterrent.

That said, even open carry states, do not allow guns at sporting events and other public events.

Amen, I am a proponent of open carry, and should be allowed as a deterrent.

That said, even open carry states, do not allow guns at sporting events and other public events.

I've concealed carried at every sporting event I've ever been to.

Archived