Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

Yep thats how the real world works.

Do a ****ty job the people who pay you get to tell you about it.

Right they don't go "poor CFO" we should feel sorry for him because his companies's stock tanked and he get fired while taking his 5 million severance package. Gimme a break!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. We have a chance at the best record in baseball and avoiding a play in game.

Jeep winning.

If we clinch we avoid a play in game. That doesn't make sense. But it's moot, we aren't clinching that early. Still I'd give him a start or two if it would help set up our rotation for the ALDS.

He might. He did pitch well in that game. Buck did not screw up. Give it a break.

Give it a break? Buck sent out a pitcher on 8 days rest to get "work" in. There were 2 other games before that.. against Tampa and Twins (Friday game) in which Ubaldo could have been given work.

Weams, You know, you don't build on a quality outing by a pitcher by given him 8 days rest. You just don't. You know the O's sent Norris and Miggy down during so they could be on regular days and not a have a break in between.

So why is it wrong to call Buck's move a screw up if the intent is to get Ubaldo back to being Ubaldo?

Give it a break? Buck sent out a pitcher on 8 days rest to get "work" in. There were 2 other games before that.. against Tampa and Twins (Friday game) in which Ubaldo could have been given work.

Weams, You know, you don't build on a quality outing by a pitcher by given him 8 days rest. You just don't. You know the O's sent Norris and Miggy down during so they could be on regular days and not a have a break in between.

So why is it wrong to call Buck's move a screw up if the intent is to get Ubaldo back to being Ubaldo?

Try to follow along. Jimenez has basically dug his own grave and right now the graveyard is in the pen. If and when he gets a chance to pitch he better perform. The only ones who will be making excuses for his sub par efforts are people like you.

I don't think he's a lost cause at this point. The problem is getting him in the game to work on his stuff. I've heard several on here say give him a shot once we clinch, but I would rather keep pushing for home field. He did ok against the Cubs a couple of weeks ago and then totally stunk up the joint the other night. He's not even making an appearance once a week is he?

As an aside, I think it's funny how we have the booing argument at least once every season. I think we had it two or three last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ubaldo has not started a game since 8/16 and he still has more BB than anyone else in the American League. He has 20 starts on the season. The pitcher with the second most BB in the AL (CJ Wilson) is only 2 behind him though with 26 starts.

Try to follow along. Jimenez has basically dug his own grave and right now the graveyard is in the pen. If and when he gets a chance to pitch he better perform. The only ones who will be making excuses for his sub par efforts are people like you.

I make no excuses for him. I am telling you how it is. Buck mentioned it and so did his catcher, Caleb. To expect a pitcher to come in on 7 days off and pitch to the point you have your nose so far up his butt is an impossible task. It's like taking a hitter and sitting him for a week and putting into PH spot.

He pitched really well against the Cubs after Norris screwed the pooch and ate up innings for Buck and the pen for the Tampa series.

As an aside, I think it's funny how we have the booing argument at least once every season. I think we had it two or three last year.

Yes, there is a persistant, sharp divide between those who think its bad form to boo our guys for normal on-field failures, and those who think anything is fair game because they're ballplayers, we're fans, and that's just the deal.

Of course there's also that subset of booers who think that on-field failure is mostly a result of a lack of guts/hustle/try. So booing isn't just acceptable, but almost required.

Nothing wrong with a little booing. I never subscribed to the notion that fans can't boo their own players. This is professional sports, hearing displeasure from the fans is part of the package. And it's not like he was subjected to foul, inappropriate things. Simple booing during the game is a pretty tame way for fans to show they didn't like what they saw. Now, they shouldn't boo any and everything all the time, but Ubaldo hasn't built up any goodwill to get cut a whole lot of slack.

Yep thats how the real world works.

Do a ****ty job the people who pay you get to tell you about it.

Your analogy only goes so far. If you made a mistake in your job you don't expect 25,000 people to scream at you that you're a @@#$ idiot and #$^#^# and a @$((@!!!!!!! And then have columnists in the local paper tell you the same thing in slightly less profane terms. Then have messageboard posters and bloggers devote thousands of words to what a waste of humanity you are. You probably just have your boss tell you that you need to do better, maybe take some training, maybe shift some responsibilities around a bit.

But hey, he's making a lot of money and not helping your favorite team win, so he deserves whatever he gets and then some.

Archived