Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

I make no excuses for him. I am telling you how it is. Buck mentioned it and so did his catcher, Caleb. To expect a pitcher to come in on 7 days off and pitch to the point you have your nose so far up his butt is an impossible task. It's like taking a hitter and sitting him for a week and putting into PH spot.

He pitched really well against the Cubs after Norris screwed the pooch and ate up innings for Buck and the pen for the Tampa series.

Delmon Young was doing that all year just fine up until getting to play more recently. As a professional, that's your job to be ready when called upon.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give him a start in the next series or two since we will need an extra starter with the double header. Gonzo had a lot of pitches so we could slide him into his spot comming up and give him an extra day as well. The four game series we need to make sure Gonzo, Tilman and Chen start in there some how so moving guys around may be needed.

We need to get Tilman moved out of his slot at this point looking at the matchups for the next two Yankee series. He would miss both series so Buck should try and move them around a bit this next week to get him in those games.

Why should the O's bother to juggle things for the Yankees?

Just bat Schoop cleanup and don't mess with anything else.

I tell you buddy, I love ya, but you are the guy I don't get. I totally understand not wanting to boo and I don't boo Orioles. However, for the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can give a standing ovation to guy who just sucked up the joint. To me, it cheapens a real standing ovation. I get giving the guy a polite clap (though I just do nothing when they are terrible), but why stand up and give the guy a standing ovation? What did he do to deserve a standing ovation?

Honestly, if I were a player, I'd be pissed off if someone gave me a standing ovation when I stunk. I'd be like, "I did nothing to deserve that!"

When I watched my son wrestle over the years, I was there in his wins and his loses. But i certainly didn't stand up and give him a standing ovation when he had a less than stellar performance. In fact, had I done it, he probably would have been embarrassed and pissed.

In my opinion, it's ok to say, "Didn't have it today buddy, go get'em next time." But I'm not going to celebrate his failure with the same thing I would do if a guy hit a walkoff home run or threw a no-hitter.

Just my take! To each is own though.

Wholly agree. I don't boo players but I sure as hell won't applaud or cheer a bad performance.

Do you support the idea of booing other teams players? They are humans too!

Don't get me wrong, I don't boo them, but ultimately if you say bad things about them on a message board or under your breath at a game, what makes you so different? What, our players can't read the internet?

Good points. And a lot of derogatory comments are said from the safety of the stands or from the anonymity of a computer message board that wouldn't dare be uttered to a player in person.

Yes they do. If Baltimore fans want to be Philly fans they certainly have that right.

And others who do not appreciate that have every right to mock them. For being Philly fans. Which we are not. We may throw batteries at Yankees. But never Orioles. Mostly the guys I see at the yard who do this are terribly drunk. As are most Philly fans.

I don't like booing, but the only time I think it could be justified would be if someone wasn't putting in the effort or looked like they were not at all bothered about their performance.

I don't get the impression Ubaldo is not putting the effort in, and it looks like he is genuinely hurting up there on the mound when he is struggling with control. I don't think that warrants boo's at all. Does it warrant enthusiastic cheering? Probably not, but some encouragement from the stands may help the guy keep his chin up and get his confidence/mojo back

The Oriole's current starting rotation of Gonzalez, Tilman, Gausman, Chen and Norris COMBINED is making less than Ubaldo Jimenez is this season.

Booing is an individual choice but it's easy to have a reason in the case of Jimenez.

For example much has been made of the fans cheering Chris Davis this season despite his struggles. It's easy to see why as Davis has his remarkable season last year as collateral with many fans.

Jimenez came to the team on a big money contract and was touted as the key addition of the offseason. No one could possibly argue that he has been anything but a major disappointment so expressing disappointment with his results seems perfectly reasonable even if he is 'trying really hard'.

I was there. 12 rows behind the Orioles dugout. I HATE it when we boo our own. I don't care how much money he's making. We want him to succeed. Just like I hated when Jim Johnson got booed, and Kevin Gregg. I just can't understand why we would do that. Do we think that rattling our already rattled pitcher will make him better? He would not have been booed in Memorial Stadium.

I can honestly say that I was the only person standing and clapping for him on his way back to the dugout. Yes, I want a cookie.

Link.l

I never boo my own, and I surely feel sorry for Ubaldo. That said, a standing ovation after that performance is reaching, in my opinion.

And I am not saying start him Weams. I am saying if you are gonna put him in the bullpen.. Don't let him sit for 8 days and expect a miracle from him. Regularly pitching begets better performances.

A miracle? I don't think expecting the guy to throw strikes is the same as Jesus healing a blind man!

Right of course not. A starving child would bring years to the eyes of anyone with a heart. Ubaldo or any ball player being booed off the field may not be pleasant for him but he had only himself to blame. That poor child is totally helpless and not living the life of a millionaire! Just a Wrong WRONG

Comparison.:cussing::angryfire:

Just as long as nobody brings that starving child to a ballgame, right Oldfan? ;)

Archived