Chris Davis Suspension Timing Awful Suspicious

brianod

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're mighty tough behind a keyboard.

Again, there's no reason to be nasty.

You never know how your behavior can backfire. I'd be careful tossing insults dude.

MSK

Yeah, I'll pay for breaking the rules. You and a couple others are good at what you do.

Other than that, are making some sort of threat or just providing advice?

Idiotic posts/opinions should be owed no respect. A lot yours certainly fall in that category including all of the ones in this thread.

Yeah, I'll pay for breaking the rules. You and a couple others are good at what you do.

Other than that, are making some sort of threat or just providing advice?

Idiotic posts/opinions should be owed no respect. A lot yours certainly fall in that category including all of the ones in this thread.

"Good at what you do...?"

Dude, what are you talking about? There's no agenda here. It was a nice conversation until you jumped in tossing insults around. Why not take the high road for once in your life?

MSK

So you believe this was just a coincidence? The timing and all?

This just came out of the blue?

Okay.

MSK

Brian Roberts....blame it on Brian Roberts.

He was pissed because the Orioles didn't resign him after the Yankees released him. And he was jealous that they were going into post season play again without him. So he snitched on his old buddy Chris Davis to get even.

Now there's a conspiracy theory for ya!

Brian Roberts....blame it on Brian Roberts.

He was pissed because the Orioles didn't resign him after the Yankees released him. And he was jealous that they were going into post season play again without him. So he snitched on his old buddy Chris Davis to get even.

Now there's a conspiracy theory for ya!

That's a funny one. I doubt that happened. :)

However, the idea of of the Yankees complaining about something seems possible.

MSK

These things usually take lot of time. The timing of the punishments aren't random. Someone knew about this a long time ago and someone timed the punishment. Whoever that was had a big gripe against the O's. Anyone who believes this is random is naive imho

These things usually take lot of time. The timing of the punishments aren't random. Someone knew about this a long time ago and someone timed the punishment. Whoever that was had a big gripe against the O's. Anyone who believes this is random is naive imho

Maybe these things usually take a lot of time if there's an appeal, because the player has a right to confidentiality during that process. In this case, it is not feasible that it took more than about thirteen days, and that's a serious stretch. More likely, the whole process took about five or six days.

Absolute maximums (and this is a stretch): about three business days for the original positive test to be conducted and then reported to the union; a maximum of three days for the union to report to Davis; a maximum of seven days for the B sample to be tested; a maximum of three business days before all parties have a conference; a maximum of one additional day for discipline to be officially issued; discipline is effective on the third business day after discipline has been issued. The player and union have that time to decide whether to grieve or appeal the decision.

There is absolutely no basis to draw this conclusion whatsoever.

How come you're so sure of that?

Why do some of you react so strongly to the speculation of conspiracy? You disbelieving it doesn't mean anyone is wrong.

MSK

In post #3 you wrote the following...

I know some folks scoff at the concept of conspiracy theories, but I know enough about the dirt behind the scenes to know that Davis' suspension seemed to come at the most inopportune time for the Orioles.

Exactly what is the "dirt behind the scenes"? Do you have actual evidence that supports the existence of a conspiracy? By all means, please share.

Yes, Davis' suspension seemed to come at an inopportune time. Why do some of you believe correlation implies causation?

Archived