vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/15

OFFNY

I don't know why we wouldn't considering the numbers we have put up this year.

Verlander is having a terrible year. We have beaten Price, Weaver and Lester this year.

Right. We had that tough test out of the AS break. Can we do it? Absolutely. Will we? I dunno, i am not a fortune teller but i do not fear the big names at all.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You folks think we have enough offense for the post season? VS pitchers like SCHERZER, PRICE, VERLANDER,OR LESTER, OR Weaver?Im not sure, bout Im excited about the possibilities.

We have faced those five pitchers 7 times this year and won 4 of the games. Those guys have pitched to a 3.83 ERA and 1.26 WHIP against us.

So I think we'll hold our own.

o

Tampa Bay and New York are scoreless in the middle of then 2nd inning.

You know, for all you Rays fans here on the O.H.

Jeter still hitless?

He isn't playing, so I presume that he is still hitless.

More significantly, it doesn't really matter.

Nobody really cares about Jeter, or the Yankees.

It's all of the rabid Rays fan here on the O.H. that I was giving the update for.

Good. Im not offering an opinion, I'm just asking the question. Missing Davis's bat wouldn't be insurmountable, but I would have liked to have the threat in the lineup . Kelly Johnson (added to the lineup) scares no one..except maybe David Robertson.

Yep, we definitely have some soft spots in the lineup.

We also have a better bullpen than just about any team we are likely to face in the playoffs, assuming Seattle doesn't make it.

We probably have a better defense, despite the recent dropoff at 3rd, than anyone we are likely to face.

Every team has weaknesses of one sort or another. We've managed to put together the 2nd best record in the majors so far, so in theory there's only one team we should be an underdog to in a postseason series.

Not hitting but Nick makes a play a day in the field!

Roch Kubatko

"What comes first? I know what comes first - winning. You never hear somebody say, 'Boy, they're loose and boy they have great chemistry. By the way, they've lost 100 games.' It doesn't work that way. For anything you say as a coach or manager, the words to carry weight, they've got to show up on the scoreboard and the standings sooner or later. I mean, that's the end game. That's always the end game. I think that's what they're talking about.

"The tea tastes sweeter, the ketchup's better, things look better than they normally look. I woke up the other day and there's a little crispness in the air, the leaves are starting to fall a little bit, there's a little color starting to come in. It's that time of year. It's good to be alive and it's got nothing to do with the whole where we are with the baseball team. But there's no sadder time than the end of a baseball season when you're not in it. And there's no more exhilarating time than when you're in the hunt in late September. I've been on both sides of it. It's a miserable last two weeks."

B.S.

Archived