Palmer Calls Throwing at Joseph a Gutless Act

brianod

I can't stand the Blue Jays. In some ways, I dislike them more than the Yankees. And it has nothing to do with Cito, to be honest. It just has everything to do with how they approach the game, their lack of character players, the rudeness of some of their fans, their comments and actions during the game, the ineptness of their front office, etc.

They deserve to be clinched on, and I hope it happens tonight and they get to witness what a real baseball team looks like.

Last night before the game, when the Jays were stretching, I saw a Navy man in full uniform try to get an autograph from a Jay. The guy ran right past the Navyman, never paid him the time of day.

Hey Pal, you should be getting the service man's autograph, not IGNORING the man! What a piece of trash. Its indicative of the way I feel about the entire Blue Jays organization!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck is smart enough to know that now is not the time for retaliation. We need no more injuries or suspensions heading into the playoffs.

That said, Ubaldo may hit someone without trying.

And then there's Bud, who hits a guy almost every game, and has been known to be a little fiery. If we clinch tonight, I can see Bud hit someone on Wednesday.

Then again, what's the point? Reyes in so many words admitted he was wrong. Gibbons' "no comment" was an indication he was not supporting his pitchers antics. So who you gonna hit? Batista? Reyes? You gonna hit someone just because they threw at us? That makes us no better than them.

Hopefully Buck keeps the guys focused on the war and not the battle.

He knew it. It's the same procedure that's followed over and over again. Not gonna get thrown out on the first one, except maybe if it's an actual hit in the head.

I've seen it happen. For example, Jason Hammel last year after hitting somebody on the Tigers immediately after giving up back-to-back-to-back HR. I think the league should crack down on this, otherwise it just rewards the team who instigates.

Either let it go on both sides and pretend ignorance, or use the umpire's discretion to toss the guy out immediately in any suspicious circumstance. I would support the latter.

Wait, they threw at our guy for no reason. I say we get one tonight. You don't let it go by. The Jays have no reason to retaliate as it is then 1-1. You can't play scared, if you are afraid of injuries, you will get injured. It is possible for a pitcher to hit someone on accident and we could get hurt that way as well. The guy that caused this situation is the home plate umpire by not tossing the kid. He was basically telling the O's to handle it. I say we handle it.

Os need to show that they are the bigger team and the better team. With all the controversies this year we have dealt with, why let the lowly Blue Jays get to them. Os need to let it go, and remember that hey we are in it, and with one more win, these other clowns are NOT.

Buck is smart enough to know that now is not the time for retaliation. We need no more injuries or suspensions heading into the playoffs.

Nobody gets suspended for hitting a player unless they are head hunting even today. The warning was yesterday, no reason Ubaldo can't let fly one of his two seamers. Back of the knees, as Palmer says.

If he's successful there's another warning.

Nobody gets suspended for hitting a player unless they are head hunting even today. The warning was yesterday, no reason Ubaldo can't let fly one of his two seamers. Back of the knees, as Palmer says.

If he's successful there's another warning.

I would raise the target a tad. Three inches below the rear end is about right. Hit Reyes in the rear or the thigh. May want someone with better control than Ubaldo to take care of it though...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No discipline anticipated for Blue Jays' Marcus Stroman over head-high pitch to Orioles' Caleb Joseph, industry source said.</p>— steven marcus (@newsdaymarcus) <a href="

">September 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jays have talent but no brain. They play the game the wrong way on and off the field and the results show. Must really suck having to root for those guys day in and day out.

I realize I am getting into the convo late, but have you been to a game in Toronto? They don't really have fans. They have people who come to the game because it is something to do while waiting for hockey to re-start.

I would raise the target a tad. Three inches below the rear end is about right. Hit Reyes in the rear or the thigh. May want someone with better control than Ubaldo to take care of it though...

Last night I was really hoping he would face Hunter. A well placed 97 mph FB in the middle of his back is not something he would soon forget.

Archived