A scenario so incredibly awful not even Roy could imagine it

mdbdotcom

Crazy, terrible premonition you had. Please don't dream of a near future apocalyptic scenario. Thanks

While the sweep at the hands of the Royals in the A.L.C.S. was certainly disappointing, I don't see the Orioles' 2014 postseason fate as "terrible."

As soon as the regular season ended, the Orioles beat the Tigers handily, and in doing so, showed that they were capable of "immediately turning it back on again" after having cruised through the the final two weeks of the season on auto pilot.

I (along with many other Oriole fans) was very concerned about that, especially in regard to the defense, which had been stellar for the first 5 and-a-half months of the season.

Regarding Chris Davis missing Opening Day of 2015, that does not really concern me. In fact, in a weird way, maybe it's the best thing that it (the suspension) carried over into next year, just as an extra reminder to Davis of just how big the mistake that he made was to the team, and how something like that can never happen again with him.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While the sweep at the hands of the Royals in the A.L.C.S. was certainly disappointing, I don't see the Orioles' 2014 postseason fate as "terrible."

As soon as the regular season ended, the Orioles beat the Tigers handily, and in doing so, showed that they were capable of "immediately turning it back on again" after having cruised through the the final two weeks of the season on auto pilot.

I (along with many other Oriole fans) was very concerned about that, especially in regard to the defense, which had been stellar for the first 5 and-a-half months of the season.

Regarding Chris Davis missing Opening Day of 2015, that does not really concern me. In fact, in a weird way, maybe it's the best thing that it (the suspension) carried over into next year, just as an extra reminder to Davis of just how big the mistake that he made was to the team, and how something like that can never happen again with him.

I like your logic here!!! I'm not sure anything logical can be applied to Davis. Denied, no re-application, positive test, positive test again...It's hard to think what's going on between the ears.

I really don't care how it ends with him this year. A guy with numbers that dropped considerably, a suspension and still most likely getting at least a 9% raise is absurd to me. A guy that will be gone via FA next year. I have lost interest in him.

I don't think Davis is a bad guy, he seems to be scripted enough to say the "right" things, but it will be hard for me to believe he is a team guy vs a me guy.

This hit me this morning.

If the O's were to sweep the ALDS and then get swept in the ALCS, there would still be one game left on Chris Davis's suspension and he would remain on the restricted list until the 2015 opening day game was completed.

I'm not positive, but I believe he would be able to practice with the team in spring training, but would be ineligible to play in major league spring training games. Not a very pleasant thought.

Okay. Back to celebrating clinching the AL East last night. Carry on.

Jerk!

:D

Archived