Leaving out Kevin Gausman from the PO rotation not smart

Oriolesallday

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he plays a vet, it won't be to "reward" him. It will be because he thinks they give him a better chance to win. I believe Buck wants to win. Desperately.

So that is why he ran Roberts out there in 2012? That is why he left Vlad in the cleanup slot all year? Because he thought it gave them a better chance to win?

Hogwash!

I'll take Gonzalez over Gausman. It's not just because of the experience factor, even though I feel that's important too.

Gonzalez: 25 GS, 6.1 IP/GS, 3.33 ERA

Gausman: 19 GS, 5.7 IP/GS, 3.57 ERA

Second half:

Gonzalez: 10 GS, 6.5 IP/GS, 2.35 ERA

Gausman: 12 GS, 5.8 IP/GS, 3.73 ERA

Gonzalez has not only gotten better results than Gausman this season overall, but has lapped Gausman in the second half. And I don't want to hear anymore about how Gonzalez is a fluke. He's been quietly one of the best O's pitchers now for three years running.

I'll take Gonzalez over Gausman. It's not just because of the experience factor, even though I feel that's important too.

Second half:

Gonzalez has not only gotten better results than Gausman this season overall, but has lapped Gausman in the second half. And I don't want to hear anymore about how Gonzalez is a fluke. He's been quietly one of the best O's pitchers now for three years.

I would leave Norris out.

Also, it really is not all about numbers in a playoff situation. When then numbers are that close, and in a short series, give me the vet who won't have any brain farts out there.

Where has Gausman shown a proclivity toward "brain farts"?

Norris has 0 post season experience as well.

You think him pitching for the Astros for a couple years has better prepared him for the postseason?

I would say it's a toss up between them. But as much as this annoys you, Buck will give a start to Norris because he has 14 wins. He just will. You might as well get used to that fact earlier rather than later.

He only gets all those wins cause he ACTUALLY gets run support.

Y'all have to admit, the reason why gausman loses is because he only gets like 1-2 runs of support.

I read on twitter that in Gausman's last 8 starts the orioles have scored an average of 2.1 runs. Poor kid.

Second half:

Gonzalez has not only gotten better results than Gausman this season overall, but has lapped Gausman in the second half. And I don't want to hear anymore about how Gonzalez is a fluke. He's been quietly one of the best O's pitchers now for three years running.

In the offseason it was hate for Bud Norris. Remember how everyone had him in the pen? It was a horrible trade...

Same with Gonzo. No love. He is a bulldog. No way you drop Gonzo. No way. And Norris has earned his spot as well unless there is really a bad matchup.

Edit: You know what is really cool about this whole thread? That we are discussing our postseason rotation! Woohoo!

I would argue Bud's years in the league give him an edge as far as knowing the hitters, reading bats, being used to a big stage, etc. I realize they both have no playoff experience.

Ain't no big stage at Minute Maid park. I would say Gausman's time at the CWS was a bigger stage then Bud had in Texas.

In the offseason it was hate for Bud Norris. Remember how everyone had him in the pen? It was a horrible trade...

Same with Gonzo. No love. He is a bulldog. No way you drop Gonzo. No way. And Norris has earned his spot as well unless there is really a bad matchup.

Edit: You know what is really cool about this whole thread? That we are discussing our postseason rotation! Woohoo!

Bud learned a change up.

Helped him out a fair bit.

Still don't like the trade, think they overpaid.

How Bud performs in the future isn't going to change that.

How exactly did Norris "earn" his spot over Gausman?

Do you remember how much they messed with Gausman this season?

Up/down, screwing with his service time to get an extra year?

Bud learned a change up.

Helped him out a fair bit.

Still don't like the trade, think they overpaid.

How Bud performs in the future isn't going to change that.

I am assuming you thought we overpaid for Andrew Miller? If so, I can give you that one. Not for Bud. I like that trade. I think Bud has helped stabilize the rotation. Agree to disagree.

I am assuming you thought we overpaid for Andrew Miller? If so, I can give you that one. Not for Bud. I like that trade. I think Bud has helped stabilize the rotation. Agree to disagree.

I don't think ERod was going to be more then a swing man for the O's.

I think Miller is a needle mover in the bullpen come the playoffs.

I think Norris is pretty average and two prospects and a #1 pick was too high a price.

Archived