Game #1 ALDS game time

srh523

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard and take it for what it is worth that Thursday will be at 6:07 and Friday either 1:07 or 3:07.Also a slight change we will be slotted at 6:07 on Friday. The problem this year is that three of the four series could have a West Coast team in it.

Any thoughts on Nats start time for Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seriously doubt????...There was a 1:07 game last year (Bucs @ STL), Wanna try again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_National_League_Division_Series

See above.

I'll leave it at this. As someone going to game 2 I hope it's in the evening. According to the Fios guide, TBS has MLB baseball blocked out from 6 to 1am. FS1 has To Be Announced blocked out from 2:30 to 7pm.

By "show one of their games" I meant one of the West Coast teams/games. Not midwest (St. Louis vs. Pittsburgh)

I don't get what you are saying. All games are nationally televised. They will air when they are being played. They have already played MLB Division Series games as early as 1PM EST before which will air at 10AM PST.

The issue is -- will both west coast teams get the 2 later games on Friday. It seems like a lock the Orioles will be playing the 1PM game.

You seriously doubt????...There was a 1:07 game last year (Bucs @ STL), Wanna try again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_National_League_Division_Series

Ohhhhh, look at that. Same year, the other series involved LAD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_National_League_Division_Series#Los_Angeles_vs._Atlanta

And wow. They played......wait. Oh -- an 8:07pm EDT game time for game 3 (in LA) and a 9:37pm EDT game time for game 4 (also in LA).

This ain't my first rodeo.

I too very much hope Game 2 is later, but I'm not optimistic. MLB has to consider that if the Giants win their play-in game, the Orioles-Tigers series would be the only one with no West Coast team in it. Therefore, it's the most logical candidate for the early game. The fact that TBS has 6-1am blocked out doesn't mean much to me, because I doubt TBS has any qualms about moving around Big Bang Theory reruns to accommodate MLB's wishes.

Ohhhhh, look at that. Same year, the other series involved LAD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_National_League_Division_Series#Los_Angeles_vs._Atlanta

And wow. They played......wait. Oh -- an 8:07pm EDT game time for game 3 (in LA) and a 9:37pm EDT game time for game 4 (also in LA).

This ain't my first rodeo.

Again you need to look at how many games are being playing on that day. Right now there are 4 games to be played on FRIDAY OCT 3 -- (2) ALDS GAME-2 and & (2) NLDS GAME-1

EST. START 1:00 PM EST

EST. START 4:00 PM EST

EST. START 7:00 PM EST

EST. START 9:30 PM EST

I highly doubt MLB will start 2 games within an hour or so of each other. Not happenin.

I don't get what you are saying. All games are nationally televised. They will air when they are being played. They have already played MLB Division Series games as early as 1PM EST before which will air at 10AM PST.

Network TV is not going to broadcast their best chance for a ratings juggernaut (i.e. LAA or LAD) at 10am PDT/1pm EDT. They are just not going to do that. Especially in light of the fact that the ratings darlings of Boston and NYY failed to make the playoffs.

The issue is -- will both west coast teams get the 2 later games on Friday. It seems like a lock the Orioles will be playing the 1PM game.

I absolutely believe both West Coast teams get the later (and as close to prime-time East Coast) games when they host. Maybe a little bit different for weekend games, but LAA and LAD will get the later slots on Friday.

Look at the NFL. Do the West Coast teams get Sunday 1pm games when they are hosting? No -- 4pm.

Network TV is not going to broadcast their best chance for a ratings juggernaut (i.e. LAA or LAD) at 10am PDT/1pm EDT. They are just not going to do that. Especially in light of the fact that the ratings darlings of Boston and NYY failed to make the playoffs.

I absolutely believe both West Coast teams get the later (and as close to prime-time East Coast) games when they host. Maybe a little bit different for weekend games, but LAA and LAD will get the later slots on Friday.

Look at the NFL. Do the West Coast teams get Sunday 1pm games when they are hosting? No -- 4pm.

Of course. There is big money in all of this.

I think we are on the same page as I agree a west coast team will not be playing at 10AM. I never stated that, all I was doing was pointing out that MLB will host a ~1:00PM EST game on Friday.

I could see one of the west coast games getting the ~4:00PM EST Game.... especially if its a LAA/KC matchup.

Technically all Sunday day games are played at 1PM EST or PST. :laughlol:

Archived