Game #1 ALDS game time

srh523

im going to roll the dice and say that the Jewish population in LA probably tilts toward Dodgers. they will get 4 pm est start. Wild card is coming from central, so that's not too bad.

for as cool as we think we are with our Pikesville thing, LA blows it out da water. 600,000 Jews vs 300,000. Could come into play.

DC plays at 7 pm, right on time for San Fran's fans to fire up a J at 4:20.

the Angels play at 10 pm because why not; and there's a chance they could host A's. 2 west coast teams in prime time on a Friday night.

the only thing left to do is to hook work on Friday.

that's 275,000 for Baltimore AND DC, and all surrounding counties. Greater Baltimore has 93,000. I don't think it's going to be a factor at all, because it's not a large population.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's 275,000 for Baltimore AND DC, and all surrounding counties. Greater Baltimore has 93,000. I don't think it's going to be a factor at all, because it's not a large population.

my point is that if there is any accommodation made for the Holiday it will be for the Dodgers. But thanks for the correction.

We (my sister and I) are flying in from Austin and Houston, Texas for both games #1 and #2....It's costing us a small fortune, but we're thrilled.

I see all the posts about the start times and certain scheduling issues it may present, etc. and I can't but help wonder "ah, we're in the playoffs....these are great problems to have"....Play at 2 in the morning for all I care....we'll be there!!!!

(I'm hopefully not teasing or belittling anyone's scheduling issues....just saying it's a good problem)

Awesome. Same here. Me (Houston), my father (San Antonio), and my brother (Austin) are all flying out Thursday morning for both games. I hope I'm not alone on that 6am flight out of Houston. Go O's!!!

my point is that if there is any accommodation made for the Holiday it will be for the Dodgers. But thanks for the correction.

All I know is that Houston has a large Jewish population, of which I am one, and didn't even bother to ask me if I'd like them to push back Yom a bit so I don't miss it. Wife is pissed. I will make my peace with God. :)

No the time/matchups will be determined based on what would get the most ratings. LA being a large market will get a night slot. Baltimore/Detriot will most likely get the earliest time slot.

You could very well be right. but consider this:

well i don't have numbers, but surely there has to be a factor of a teams natural rivals tuning into see a broadcast at a higher rate than "avg". people in Philly/ NY/Atlanta aren't going to hook work to tune in, but they could very well watch at 7 pm.

we will find out soon enough though.

You could very well be right. but consider this:

well i don't have numbers, but surely there has to be a factor of a teams natural rivals tuning into see a broadcast at a higher rate than "avg". people in Philly/ NY/Atlanta aren't going to hook work to tune in, but they could very well watch at 7 pm.

we will find out soon enough though.

This is how its going to be.... it only makes sense:

ALDS GAME 2 -- DET @ BAL

NLDS GAME 1 -- NWC @ WAS

ALDS GAME 2 -- AWC @ LAA

NLDS GAME 1 -- STL @ LAD

10/4

I can see the LAD getting the early game and Nats getting the later game.

All I know is that Houston has a large Jewish population, of which I am one, and didn't even bother to ask me if I'd like them to push back Yom a bit so I don't miss it. Wife is pissed. I will make my peace with God. :)

Houston,we have a problem. Did you make sure with your Rabbi if this is ok? Why is this Oriole game different from all other Oriole games?Maybe they will let you blow the Shofar-not a sexual thing but a Rams horn.

Most major cities in the Northeast and Midwest and West Coast have major Jewish populations.

We (my sister and I) are flying in from Austin and Houston, Texas for both games #1 and #2....It's costing us a small fortune, but we're thrilled.

I see all the posts about the start times and certain scheduling issues it may present, etc. and I can't but help wonder "ah, we're in the playoffs....these are great problems to have"....Play at 2 in the morning for all I care....we'll be there!!!!

(I'm hopefully not teasing or belittling anyone's scheduling issues....just saying it's a good problem)

That's cool! That'll be a great trip.

You can make peace with God. Wives... not so much. :P

This is how its going to be.... it only makes sense:

ALDS GAME 2 -- DET @ BAL

NLDS GAME 1 -- NWC @ WAS

ALDS GAME 2 -- AWC @ LAA

NLDS GAME 1 -- STL @ LAD

10/4

I can see the LAD getting the early game and Nats getting the later game.

There are plenty of other ways this could go. If the Nats play Pittsburgh, they might be game one. If they play the Giants, they might be at night. There's no reason LAA or LAD couldn't play at 4:00. The Orioles could be at 1, 4, or 6. Who knows.

There are plenty of other ways this could go. If the Nats play Pittsburgh, they might be game one. If they play the Giants, they might be at night. There's no reason LAA or LAD couldn't play at 4:00. The Orioles could be at 1, 4, or 6. Who knows.

True, any time could really work for any teams but thats not what MLB & the networks do...Obivously west coast games are not going to be the 1:30 EST games....

Archived