"I never heard nothing like this," Cruz said. "It was so loud. My ears were ringing."

weams

I watched the entire he streamed in HD to my phone on the watchTBS app while sitting in the passenger seat of a car on the way from DC to North Carolina, sharing the car with a Nats fan and Rays fan. Was going crazy in the 8th inning. A 2.5 inch screen a few inches from your face is just as good as my 58" screen across the room would have been.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a moment, Hardy sliding in safe. Surely one we won't forget for a while.

I wish I wasn't so many miles away from Baltimore right now! :vader:

Even though it was on a double by someone pinch-hitting for your Flash?! I acknowledge the noble act!

I was standing next to some ppl at the drink rail. The place was amped after the Hardy walk. It just felt like something was going to happen. As soon as Delmon hit it, from my vantage point it was hard to tell if it was foul or right at Martinez. Ball hung in the air, I'm hopping up and down, ball hits ground, I'm jumping all around, knowing its tied. Turning back to the field, Hardy coming in, SAFE SAFE!!!! Screaming, high fiving everyone around, hugging the old lady usher, did a pull-up into a club box to high five ppl up there...

It was amazing. Had to take a minute to catch my breath, quite literally, after that hit.

I was there for the 8th inning rally in the Cal Ripken game against the Yankees in 2012 and game #2 in 2012, but nothing even comes close to that moment yesterday. All-time Orioles classic moment in an all-time Orioles classic game.

The first inning on Thursday and the 8th inning yesterday were fantastic (the people behind me were patting my helmet so hard I was afraid I had cuts in my scalp or wd get a concussion!), but deep in my soul I must admit that the most electrifying crowd I've been part of at OPACY was Sept. 6, 2012, on Cal Jr.'s Legends Day when we stormed right back against the Yankees after they had scored 5 runs in the top of the eighth. Off of Dave Robertson (ring a bell?): Jones HR, Wieters Single, Reynolds HR, Davis HR. The crowd noise may have been less deafening, but the sense of historic mission (Ripken was there to witness it and say it was Good) and exorcism of the Yankee curse (well, at least for a few weeks) was so overwhelming everyone in my section was grabbing each other in awe and joy connected by something like back-to-back four-base bolts of lightning shooting around the stadium.

The first inning on Thursday and the 8th inning yesterday were fantastic (the people behind me were patting my helmet so hard I was afraid I had cuts in my scalp or wd get a concussion!), but deep in my soul I must admit that the most electrifying crowd I've been part of at OPACY was Sept. 6, 2012, on Cal Jr.'s Legends Day when we stormed right back against the Yankees after they had scored 5 runs in the top of the eighth. Off of Dave Robertson (ring a bell?): Jones HR, Wieters Single, Reynolds HR, Davis HR. The crowd noise may have been less deafening, but the sense of historic mission (Ripken was there to watch it) and exorcism of the Yankee curse (well, at least for a few weeks) was so overwhelming everyone in my section was grabbing each other in awe and joy connected by something like repeated bolts of lightning shooting through the stadium.

People all around me were slapping me! And yes that was a great game too. But yesterday. Just wow.

People all around me were slapping me! And yes that was a great game too. But yesterday. Just wow.

Yes, I will never forget yesterday, but I think the difference for me was how the Cal Day Comeback was unceasingly sustained one hammer blow after another by four hitters who jumped right back up off the mat against a pitcher a lot more formidable than Soria and after the Yankees seemed to have initiated yet another one of their late-inning strokes of death. The sense that we just couldn't let Cal and the whole Orioles legacy down, especially with so many flagrant Yankee fans there: Protect the homeland!

I was in section 69 and like everywhere else we all were going bananas. Everyone was hugging or giving high fives. It was one of the greatest sporting event moments I have ever been a part of. A couple other things gave me chills yesterday:

- The We Wont Stop chant was fantastic!

- I love when everyone yells J J HARDY!!

Finally, leaving the stadium I couldn't stop smiling and again had chills. People continued waving their towels and chanting the Seven Nation Army as we were all exiting. It echoed throughout and sounded incredible. Even once I was outside the stadium complete strangers were hugging each other. It was a scene I will never forget. I was so proud to be an Orioles fan.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This could be one of the best <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> pics we've ever seen. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LetsGoOs?src=hash">#LetsGoOs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeWontStop?src=hash">#WeWontStop</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriolesMagic?src=hash">#OriolesMagic</a> <a href="http://t.co/C3VBhuK2ow">pic.twitter.com/C3VBhuK2ow</a></p>? Fed Thrill (@fedthrill) <a href="
">October 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love the pic, but liked the scene a few milliseconds earlier when both runners who had crossed the plate were communicating with Hardy on where to slide. That is a picture I would purchase and hang on my wall. This is a well-coached team.

Contrast that moment with the Cabrera slide and Torii Hunter nowhere to be found (Hunter's advice would have been useless, but that is not the point).

Tremendous difference in the two plays at the plate from both teams - from the poor second on Detroit's 3B coach, to Jones hitting the right cut-off man, to the communication from JJ to Schoop on where to throw, to the aforementioned communication from the players who had already scored, to Detroit's LFer missing his primary cut-off guy.

These little details are a big difference between these two teams.

I was standing next to some ppl at the drink rail. The place was amped after the Hardy walk. It just felt like something was going to happen. As soon as Delmon hit it, from my vantage point it was hard to tell if it was foul or right at Martinez. Ball hung in the air, I'm hopping up and down, ball hits ground, I'm jumping all around, knowing its tied. Turning back to the field, Hardy coming in, SAFE SAFE!!!! Screaming, high fiving everyone around, hugging the old lady usher, did a pull-up into a club box to high five ppl up there...

It was amazing. Had to take a minute to catch my breath, quite literally, after that hit.

I was there for the 8th inning rally in the Cal Ripken game against the Yankees in 2012 and game #2 in 2012, but nothing even comes close to that moment yesterday. All-time Orioles classic moment in an all-time Orioles classic game.

Took so long for me to finish my post that I didn't see your mention of the Cal Legends game. Wasn't my intention to respond to yours!

Love the pic, but liked the scene a few milliseconds earlier when both runners who had crossed the plate were communicating with Hardy on where to slide. That is a picture I would purchase and hang on my wall. This is a well-coached team.

Contrast that moment with the Cabrera slide and Torii Hunter nowhere to be found (Hunter's advice would have been useless, but that is not the point).

Tremendous difference in the two plays at the plate from both teams - from the poor second on Detroit's 3B coach, to Jones hitting the right cut-off man, to the communication from JJ to Schoop on where to throw, to the aforementioned communication from the players who had already scored, to Detroit's LFer missing his primary cut-off guy.

"Baseball is altogether better when Baltimore has a good team. And it's fantastic when they are in the postseason."

Yes, I will never forget yesterday, but I think the difference for me was how the Cal Day Comeback was unceasingly sustained one hammer blow after another by four hitters who jumped right back up off the mat against a pitcher a lot more formidable than Soria and after the Yankees seemed to have initiated yet another one of their late-inning strokes of death. The sense that we just couldn't let Cal and the whole Orioles legacy down, especially with so many flagrant Yankee fans there: Protect the homeland!

You think Soria does not have the former pedigree that Robertson now has? I guess but ...I love that we crushed Soria. I always feel we have a chance against Robertson as well. I know what you are saying though. It had been so long that we could stand up against the Yankees back in 2012. It seems so long ago now.

Thanks for the great detailing of the details!

I was in section 69 and like everywhere else we all were going bananas. Everyone was hugging or giving high fives. It was one of the greatest sporting event moments I have ever been a part of. A couple other things gave me chills yesterday:

- The We Wont Stop chant was fantastic!

- I love when everyone yells J J HARDY!!

Finally, leaving the stadium I couldn't stop smiling and again had chills. People continued waving their towels and chanting the Seven Nation Army as we were all exiting. It echoed throughout and sounded incredible. Even once I was outside the stadium complete strangers were hugging each other. It was a scene I will never forget. I was so proud to be an Orioles fan.

I must just like being a scrooge (not sure if anyone else mentioned this), but I don't like the Markakis or the Hardy chants. Anything that is to the tune of Duh, duh, duh, duh, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I must just like being a scrooge (not sure if anyone else mentioned this), but I don't like the Markakis or the Hardy chants. Anything that is to the tune of Duh, duh, duh, duh, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I agree completely, but I think the Hardy chant he was referring was when he was coming up to bat. It sounded like WHEEL......OF........FORTUNE!!!!

I agree completely, but I think the Hardy chant he was referring was when he was coming up to bat. It sounded like WHEEL......OF........FORTUNE!!!!

Yes, that is the one I was referring to. I too am not a fan of the other chants. Anything that is similar to what I Yankee fan would do I am not a fan of.

Archived