"I never heard nothing like this," Cruz said. "It was so loud. My ears were ringing."

weams

I mean what baseball crowd collectively taunts a pitcher BEFORE he even throws a pitch like that? Ball players are not used to that or used to the sheer noise.

This was insane, haha. I started chanting as soon as Joba got up in the pen. When the centerfield wall opened up and he came trotting out, you'd have thought it was a resurrected Earl Weaver busting through the wall. A collective "oooooo hooo hoo hoo hoo hoo"

When he doffed his cap, I actually thought it was fairly charismatic of him. Made me laugh.But I laughed harder when he hit Jones and we chased him off the mound.

Go back to New York you bum.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree completely, but I think the Hardy chant he was referring was when he was coming up to bat. It sounded like WHEEL......OF........FORTUNE!!!!

Yes. That's the one. Not the Red Sox or Yankee Bleacher Creature crap.

Thanks for the great detailing of the details!

The MLB tonight guys did a great job of analyzing and contrasting the two plays last night showing the communication among the fielders, the fielders lining up from an overhead cam, the communication from the plated runners. It was a very interesting segment and demonstrates the importance of being prepared and playing the game the right way.

Detroit can have all the big name players it wants (and I'd want a few of them on my team), but the defense counts and we have that in spades relative to the Tigers.

I must just like being a scrooge (not sure if anyone else mentioned this), but I don't like the Markakis or the Hardy chants. Anything that is to the tune of Duh, duh, duh, duh, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Ditto for me on those 2 chants. All I could hear is Derrrek Jeeeeterrr...I wanted no part of them.

HA! I did the exact same thing. And busted out in screams for about 45 minutes afterward.

I watched through 7 at a bar (work...who needs work) but then had to go pick up my wife at work for a trip. Listened to the bottom of the 8th in the car in her parking lot. I can't imagine what passers-by thought when they saw the scene I made in the car on Delmon's hit! SCREAMING over and over. Good times boys, good times.

I watched through 7 at a bar (work...who needs work) but then had to go pick up my wife at work for a trip. Listened to the bottom of the 8th in the car in her parking lot. I can't imagine what passers-by thought when they saw the scene I made in the car on Delmon's hit! SCREAMING over and over. Good times boys, good times.

I still can't hear right.

I still can't hear right.

Yea me to lol. Called my girlfriend after the game and she was like, why are you talking so loud. Today went to work out and noticed I had to turn up my music a little louder than normal to get to the level I like. All good though worth it !

Yea me to lol. Called my girlfriend after the game and she was like, why are you talking so loud. Today went to work out and noticed I had to turn up my music a little louder than normal to get to the level I like. All good though worth it !

You're lucky you can still talk. I'm so hoarse I'm e-mailing my GF (up in Brooklyn) until my voice recovers. Actually by the end of the game my roar had already degenerated into a screech.

Archived