vs. Royals 10/14, (Game Three A.L.C.S.)

weams

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I always compare where we are in attendance to payroll. As it stands our attendance will be 19th in the league and payroll 22nd. The Twins are at 19th with 130 million dollar payroll which is 22 million higher than ours. I expect the Nats and Tigers to spend a little this offseason so that 130 million mark for 19th place may move closer to 140. Still gives this team 50-60 million to spend on either resigning guys or free agents.
    • Well, the changes to the flex plans this year led both me ($1200 plan) and my friend ($2500 plan) to not renew for next year. The decision to more severely limit playoff presale access and dramatically reduce the discount on food and drinks at the park just didn’t make it worth it to tie up that much money in advance. So, we’ll likely go to far fewer games next year. Given the press reports and online reaction, I have to think we weren’t alone in our decision making. 
    • Rivera and Soto are hitting.   Holliday and Mayo are not.
    • Holliday could fill the role of pinch runner that Mateo would fill. 
    • Yeah. I don’t get that either. SEA would win head to head tie with HOU and push HOU into WC race but it’s irrelevant if the loses don’t match.  
    • Regardless of how down I've been about their recent play, there's always been some hope. Getting some guys back in time for the post season will definitely help.    The way this team has been built requires a group effort. I mean,  Gunnar is a huge star, but the lineup when healthy can be competitive top to bottom. I'm not knocking NY here, but if you can eliminate Judge(almost impossible), you stand a chance vs them. I'm not implying that they will go on a deep run because we've seen how bad it can be, but simply saying that getting healthy and having a shot is the best we as fans could have hoped for with the way this season has gone.
    • So who goes when Westburg and Urias come back?   My first cut is Jimenez.   The second is harder.    Liv Soto is the backup SS so I keep him.     Rivera is a good back up at 1B.   He is out of options.   Then there are  Holliday and Mayo.   Both have options. What's a GM to do?
  • Popular Contributors