Will DD Make Any Moves Before The Winter Meetings in San Diego December 7th-11th?

section18

Will DD make any moves before the Winter Meetings and at the meetings?

I think a decision will come soon on Nick and Cruz.

Cruz will stay in Baltimore and Nick will go to Atlanta.

We will sign Santana or Shields

Davis will be traded to Miami with Matusz for Andrew Neaney P?

Aoki will sign with us and Young will stay.

Now for the big surprise. We will move Manny to SS.

We will trade for Beltre for 3B. Norris and Bundy + infielder

Wieters and Hardy will be traded for Kemp + Cash.

If my projections are right the payroll will increase about $5 million.

http://www.milb.com/milb/events/wintermeetings.jsp

So Nick, Wieters, Hardy, Norris, Bundy, Matusz and Davis leave. Hardy may be the only surprise on this list. I think DD signed Hardy to showcase him a little during the payoffs. His arm is not as strong and a lot of his throws were off this season. Buck said recently that Manny will see SS sometime. Now is the time. His knees are taking a beating at 3B with countless dives to his left or right trying to stop line drives. It may not seem like it but it's going to be easier for him playing SS. Ask Cal

We win the east with this lineup and staff. 2B and Schoop is our biggest concern and another catcher. We are talking to Atlanta about Gattis who catches, plays OF and 1B. Another Surhoff? He would be perfect for us and might be our lead catcher over Joseph if we obtain him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing major will happen before the Winter meetings because everything is predicated on signing Cruz and/or Markakis. I don't think any other team wants Markakis badly enough to offer 4 years. Nick wants the four years at the highest AAV he can get from the O's. He'll settle for what we are offering. Cruz might very well go to SEA if they are willing to go 4/70M plus lose a pick. None of those trades make a lick of sense.

Cruz is a valued player to the team and with the Latin players on the team.

Nick has been a fan favorite for years but is not worth signing for 4 years at $48 mill.

Wieters and Davis would be leaving after this season anyway due to their contract demands.

Norris and Hardy are at peak value. Now is the time to move them. Texas needs pitching and the Dodgers need a catcher and SS.

The Marlins want another power bat in their lineup and Davis is on their list.

Bundy is still a mystery. It could go either way with him. Texas was rumored to be considering putting Beltre on waivers late last season. Not sure if that happened. He's not an untouchable and would fit perfectly at 3B for us.

The Dodgers want a catcher and shortstop short term. Check the latest news out of each town.

Will DD make any moves before the Winter Meetings and at the meetings?

I think a decision will come soon on Nick and Cruz.

Cruz will stay in Baltimore and Nick will go to Atlanta.

We will sign Santana or Shields

Davis will be traded to Miami with Matusz for Andrew Neaney P?

Aoki will sign with us and Young will stay.

Now for the big surprise. We will move Manny to SS.

We will trade for Beltre for 3B. Norris and Bundy + infielder

Wieters and Hardy will be traded for Kemp + Cash.

If my projections are right the payroll will increase about $5 million.

http://www.milb.com/milb/events/wintermeetings.jsp

So Nick, Wieters, Hardy, Norris, Bundy, Matusz and Davis leave. Hardy may be the only surprise on this list. I think DD signed Hardy to showcase him a little during the payoffs. His arm is not as strong and a lot of his throws were off this season. Buck said recently that Manny will see SS sometime. Now is the time. His knees are taking a beating at 3B with countless dives to his left or right trying to stop line drives. It may not seem like it but it's going to be easier for him playing SS. Ask Cal

We win the east with this lineup and staff. 2B and Schoop is our biggest concern and another catcher. We are talking to Atlanta about Gattis who catches, plays OF and 1B. Another Surhoff? He would be perfect for us and might be our lead catcher over Joseph if we obtain him.

I was hoping Cruz might return efficiently. After reading this post I realize there is no chance.

The Dodgers would rather move Ethier or Crawford before Kemp, and would not eat enough of his salary for the O's to afford him. Any team interested in Wieters will wait until next year to see if he is healthy and then just sign him as a FA. Beltre is old and beginning to decline. They have no intention of moving Manny to SS before they even know if his knees are sound. They may trade Norris and Davis but a lot of that is predicated on their signing Cruz. That won't happen before SEA trades for a bat.

Those are certainly bold predictions. I don't see much of it happening though.

Wieters has no real value right now, he won't be traded. Hardy was just signed to an extension, he is seen as a core piece and I really don't see him traded. Players like Kemp and Beltre are getting paid a lot of money, I don't see the O's willing to have multiple big contracts...not to mention the big contracts it'll take to sign Cruz and Santana/Shields.

I think we all would be okay with the Davis for Neany but I doubt the Marlins seriously consider it.

Aoki I'd be okay with in place of Nick.

Yes.

We are going to trade our wildly popular star shortstop for the most expensive contract in club history just so we can move our blossoming superstar third baseman to a more physically demanding position as he comes back from back-to-back knee surgeries.

That plan has Dan Duquette written all over it. Yup. Definitely his style.

The Orioles are prepared to move Davis, Wieters and Norris and will cope if Nick continues to try and squeeze them for more money and goes elsewhere. He has already squeezed them for millions over the last few years. I think they are at their limit and getting tired of dealing with his agents demands. None of these moves are complicated. JJ and Wieters would improve the Dodgers. The Dodgers will eat $5 million +plus for each year of Kemps contract. There is plenty of time between now and Spring Training. DD will do what's necessary to improve the team.

The Orioles are prepared to move Davis, Wieters and Norris and will cope if Nick continues to try and squeeze them for more money and goes elsewhere. He has already squeezed them for millions over the last few years. I think they are at their limit and getting tired of dealing with his agents demands. None of these moves are complicated. JJ and Wieters would improve the Dodgers. The Dodgers will eat $5 million +plus for each year of Kemps contract. There is plenty of time between now and Spring Training. DD will do what's necessary to improve the team.
Why would any team trade for Wieters before they know he's healthy? What team needs Nick, not a game changer, so much that they will give him 4 years? Why should the Orioles pay 15 M per for 5 years, to an often injured 30 YO player who's defense id declining?

Archived