Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone knocking the rule 5 needs to get a grip. It's not like we're going to be counting on this guy to be a stud. We're looking for value and a way to deepen the team and the farm system in the future. Just because we didn't make 2 trades and 2 FA signings this week doesn't mean that the team that just won the AL East by 12 games is done.

Last year was last year time to move on. A.L West only better A.L Central- A LOT beter A.L East- Better making the playoffs in 2015 is gonna be tough.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With hitting & pitching adds and wealth of young talent to include E-Rod, sorry to say it O's fans but Beantown is back.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, not really. The link says a righty with 1 year of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

must have missed that part- my bad... Would like to keep Norris tho unless it is a good haul back. He was the best SP down the stretch last yr

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With hitting & pitching adds and wealth of young talent to include E-Rod, sorry to say it O's fans but Beantown is back.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My outsider perspective disagrees. Boston needs to add a Shields/Hamels/Scherzer. Right now that rotation doesn't have anyone you could list as more than a #3 or middle of the rotation type.

Last year was last year time to move on. A.L West only better A.L Central- A LOT beter A.L East- Better making the playoffs in 2015 is gonna be tough.

Last year was last year, but I'll happily battle for 162 games in 2015 with Buck, Adam, Weiters, Manny, Davis, Tillman, Gonzalez, Chen, Pierce, JJ, Bud, Guasman, Britton, O'Day, Hunter, etc.

I think that a lot of teams would happily trade their teams for ours straight up.

Yeah, not really. The link says a righty with 1 year of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I wonder who the Marlins have that we could be intrigued by though. Not really familiar with their system. They've always had one of the better farms though in the league but I assume we'd be looking for already MLB talent.

must have missed that part- my bad... Would like to keep Norris tho unless it is a good haul back. He was the best SP down the stretch last yr

He is a good candidate to sell high on though imo. DD won't pay the money to keep him after next year so lets get some solid value from him now.

Archived