Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on board with Pearce/Lough myself. Just saying that Rasmus on a one year contract has the potential of lucking out.

Given the options that are available I agree. I also like the idea of giving Alvarez a shot. However, I think we should make a run at Melky. Four years between 45-50 million.

Over Alvarez? Or Markakis? Or what's already on the MLB team (Pearce/Lough/De Aza)? Aoki would be mostly a holding action with regards to any of those, although the verdict is far from out on Alvarez (I'd guess he's somewhere in the Schoop/Jones continuum, and if he's closer to Schoop that's not a MLB outfielder). Rasmus could be better, could be worse, depending on which version shows up in '15.

For the money.

Alvarez at 507.5K

Rasmus at 10-12m/yr

I am not saying that Alvarez starts the year in the majors.

I am higher on Alvarez than you are.

Been saying in other threads that if the O's don't want to go with Lough/Pearce that I would target Alex Rios on a one year contract. Surprised his name hasn't come up with the others.

Yeah, I liked your idea on Rios.

Another name strangely silent is Ichiro. Would it be wise to do a one year deal for Ichiro?

Been saying in other threads that if the O's don't want to go with Lough/Pearce that I would target Alex Rios on a one year contract. Surprised his name hasn't come up with the others.

Rios was a player I liked going into the meetings. After looking at his numbers he appears to have gotten old rather quickly. Since age 31 both OB and SLG. have declined significantly. Plus he's not the fielder he once was.

Per rotoworld... ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that Matt Joyce is drawing more interest than David DeJesus in potential trades.

DeJesus, who turns 35 later this month, struggled through a hand injury this past season and is owed $5 million next season with a $1 million buyout on a $5 million club option for 2016. MLB Trade Rumors projects Joyce to make $4.9 million next season in his final year of arbitration. He batted .254 with nine homers and a .732 OPS this past season and could be a strong fit as a platoon player.

Thoughts on Matt Joyce ?

Per rotoworld... ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that Matt Joyce is drawing more interest than David DeJesus in potential trades.

DeJesus, who turns 35 later this month, struggled through a hand injury this past season and is owed $5 million next season with a $1 million buyout on a $5 million club option for 2016. MLB Trade Rumors projects Joyce to make $4.9 million next season in his final year of arbitration. He batted .254 with nine homers and a .732 OPS this past season and could be a strong fit as a platoon player.

Thoughts on Matt Joyce ?

He bats Left handed. That's reason enough to pass.

Thoughts on Matt Joyce ?

Well if it isn't Tommy Boy.

He kills the Orioles, or at least it feels like he does.

Thoughts on Matt Joyce ?

If we are talking platton, we want a right handed hitter.

For the money.

Alvarez at 507.5K

Rasmus at 10-12m/yr

I am not saying that Alvarez starts the year in the majors.

I am higher on Alvarez than you are.

Depending on what the coaching staff thinks they can do with Rasmus I'd rather have him putting up 2 wins, than Alvarez hitting .250/.275/.380. Regardless of price. You're right, I'm not yet convinced Alvarez is better than replacement, much less pushing the team towards the playoffs. Rasmus has had seasons where he did that.

Archived