Chen for Gattis? Just a thought...

rolltide

Then they better enjoy Gattis.

He is a decent player but certainly not good enough to warrant getting back Ventura or Gausman type talent.

He is worth more than a one year rental type obviously like Chen or Norris but if they think they should get a haul like Ventura, they will not move him.

Their plan isn't to move him. But if you can get just one GM to salivate over his power numbers and overpay, then you jump on it.

But Gattis is a very productive player and the Braves don't want to lose that bat in their lineup that can, at times, carry an entire offense. The return would be high if a trade were to happen. I don't see a match with the Orioles either. Mariners look like a much safer bet if he's to be moved.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their plan isn't to move him. But if you can get just one GM to salivate over his power numbers and overpay, then you jump on it.

But Gattis is a very productive player and the Braves don't want to lose that bat in their lineup that can, at times, carry an entire offense. The return would be high if a trade were to happen. I don't see a match with the Orioles either. Mariners look like a much safer bet if he's to be moved.

How productive is he going to be out in LF?

His bat plays at DH.

Anywhere else and the lead weight that is his glove ruins things.

Although DH might be his best position I see no evidence he's not passable at catcher DRS doesn't hate him to much +3 his rookie year -4 this past year and he's a pretty good framer according to the numbers....I see no reason we can't platoon him at catcher and DH although he should never play in the OF.

Now will Buck play him at catcher is TBD.

His bat plays at DH.

Anywhere else and the lead weight that is his glove ruins things.

:agree: ATL is looking for a team to trade for a power hitting catcher, when what they would be getting is a DH. I am confident that DD will steer clear of this.

Although DH might be his best position I see no evidence he's not passable at catcher DRS doesn't hate him to much +3 his rookie year -4 this past year and he's a pretty good framer according to the numbers....I see no reason we can't platoon him at catcher and DH although he should never play in the OF.

Now will Buck play him at catcher is TBD.

This.

I'm not saying he's a good defensive catcher or even average, but he's not a college defensive liability at the position. So throw in the fact that he was 3rd in the majors for HRs by a catcher and also had an OPS north of .800, while only playing in in a little over 100 games, and you have yourself an above average producer at the position.

So yes he's best suited for an AL team that can DH him most nights, but he can certainly play C when called upon and he won't ruin a teams chances of winning when doing so.

What? Link?

It's been talked about briefly, but in no way is Gattis playing LF full time going to happen. Bethancourt's bat simply isn't ready.

Talked about briefly? Where have you been the last few months? Gattis is going to be their starting LF next year. That's why the Braves are trying to trade him.

This.

I'm not saying he's a good defensive catcher or even average, but he's not a college defensive liability at the position. So throw in the fact that he was 3rd in the majors for HRs by a catcher and also had an OPS north of .800, while only playing in in a little over 100 games, and you have yourself an above average producer at the position.

So yes he's best suited for an AL team that can DH him most nights, but he can certainly play C when called upon and he won't ruin a teams chances of winning when doing so.

Would you trade Gonzo Davies and Wright for him?

Archived