Chen for Gattis? Just a thought...

rolltide

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talked about briefly? Where have you been the last few months? Gattis is going to be their starting LF next year. That's why the Braves are trying to trade him.

Can you find a link for me?

I'm a Braves fan by the way, so this would be news to me if you can find me anything reliable stating the Braves are moving him to LF.

And the Braves aren't actively trying to trade him, according to most major reports. But he's the commodity most teams out there value the most due to his controllable years and power bat, so obviously Hart and Coppy are going to take calls on him. If they find a team to overpay and give up a legit front of the rotation arm thanpt can be cheap and controlled for most of the years, then they would be dumb not to take it. But they are perfectly fine leaving Gattis behind the plate another year until Bethancourt proves he can play at the major league level and then maybe exploring the Gattis trade market again next year.

Seems to me you are just making a lot of things up.

Can you find a link for me?

I'm a Braves fan by the way, so this would be news to me if you can find me anything reliable stating the Braves are moving him to LF.

And the Braves aren't actively trying to trade him, according to most major reports. But he's the commodity most teams out there value the most due to his controllable years and power bat, so obviously Hart and Coppy are going to take calls on him. If they find a team to overpay and give up a legit front of the rotation arm thanpt can be cheap and controlled for most of the years, then they would be dumb not to take it. But they are perfectly fine leaving Gattis behind the plate another year until Bethancourt proves he can play at the major league level and then maybe exploring the Gattis trade market again next year.

Seems to me you are just making a lot of things up.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/12/braves-moving-evan-gattis-to-left-here-comes-the-domino-effect/

“We want to get Evan’s bat in the lineup, and if he catches, he would play just 100 games and we would not have a bat perhaps good enough to hit cleanup for those other games,” Hart said. “So we are going to put Evan in left field and see what we have.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/hart-on-gattis-trade-rumor-absolutely-innacurate/nh4xk/

“We are coming in with the idea that we don’t have to trade anybody,” Hart said. “We have not made a call (to see if a team is interested in any player). We have received calls on people; we haven’t had any conversations yet. That (Gattis rumor) is absolutely inaccurate. And quite frankly, I think anybody that says that – if you look, I’ve got two corner outfielders who’ve got one year left (before free agency), and I’ve got one potential corner outfielder (Gattis) that’s got four years left (under contractual control).”

And of course the Braves have proceeded to trade both their corner outfielders/are about to, have signed Markakis to replace one. So it would appear the Braves are executing the exact plan they have said they are going to carry out. Gattis to LF, Bethancourt to full time catcher.

Braves want pitching, Gattis could be a part time catcher/DH/OF.

The guy is built for the American League and Chen could be a huge asset to the Braves rotation. I would want more than just Gattis but I think it is a good place to start discussions.

Thoughts.....?:cool:

No thanks. Rather keep Chen.

Although DH might be his best position I see no evidence he's not passable at catcher DRS doesn't hate him to much +3 his rookie year -4 this past year and he's a pretty good framer according to the numbers....I see no reason we can't platoon him at catcher and DH although he should never play in the OF.

Now will Buck play him at catcher is TBD.

I don't see why he couldn't be used similar to how clevenger would have been used had wieters not gone down, maybe a bit more. I feel like buck only insisted on Joseph replacing clev because he didn't want the defense of clev for 50% of games. Even if gattis catches 30 or so games that'd be fine. If wieters needs some time early, then we could carry 3 for a bit, but I feel like playing wiet/gattis at c/Dh every day would be very intriguing. Would be cool to have an extra bench spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks. Rather keep Chen.

LOL This is flat out crazy talk. So let me get this right you would rather have 1 year of Chen and maybe a pick when he leaves. Over a guy that's not a free agent till 2019. Will hit 25 hr every year.

LOL This is flat out crazy talk. So let me get this right you would rather have 1 year of Chen and maybe a pick when he leaves. Over a guy that's not a free agent till 2019. Will hit 25 hr every year.

So a guy who has never hit 25 home runs in a MLB season is a lock to hit 25 home runs?

Not saying he can't do it but he obviously isn't a lock or he would have done it last season.

So a guy who has never hit 25 home runs in a MLB season is a lock to hit 25 home runs?

Not saying he can't do it but he obviously isn't a lock or he would have done it last season.

Playing most games here the guy would hit 25.

Davis for Gattis

That's somehow even more ludicrous than getting Gattis for Chen. Gattis was substantially better than Davis last year and has an extra three years of control. Why not call them up and see if they'll give Gattis away for the used PT Cruiser that one ticket attendant drives? Any conversation about Gattis starts with Gausman and may very well cost more than just Gausman.

Archived