Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Do any of them outrank Angelos? Why would any of them want Duquette to be gone when all he has done is three straight winning years and two playoff runs. It's not like the team was the epitome of success before Dan arrived and his accomplishments paled in comparison.

Think, Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh. 3 NFC Championships. 1 Super Bowl.

I don't understand it. These things just have a way of happening.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will drive Dan to Toronto myself.:)

As far as who might want him gone, speculation of course, I wonder if Brady and Rosenthal talk? He was a player here when good ole Kenny covered the team.

If Brady Anderson says it, it is because the Angelos family want him to.

Not today they haven't, not yet anyway. The addition of "compensation package" to the story is a large leap. It was much easier to dismiss it as hot air when you had the Angelos quote before. We'll see what happens with this latest addition.

I believe that the compensation package is just Ken's hot air.That's what I believe. I believe he is basing his tweet on a post I made here saying Sanchez and Pompey. That is what I believe. A game of telephone. I believe his source on who wants Dan gone is a poster on this site. That is what I believe. But. I don't care.

Ultimately, as always, I don't really care. I just don't like hubris one way or the other. None of us know anything, and if you think you know something about the Warehouse inner workings, and your name isn't Tony-OH, then you're wrong. Period.

Probably true.

My opinion: Rosenthal wouldn't be raising this now unless he had new information. He has nothing to gain from being wrong about his reporting. I agree with Birdland that Duquette will be the Jays' CEO in the near future, though I couldn't specify the date. Before Opening Day, I'd say for sure.

I'm curious as to who are the "some O's people" who wants Dan to go, and why. Whoever it is, do they want him to leave because they don't like working with him, or because they think he'll be disgruntled, or because they think he deserves the opportunity to take a promotion? Regardless, for me, the only people whose opinions matter are Peter Angelos and Buck Showalter (and maybe John Angelos).

My opinion: Rosenthal wouldn't be raising this now unless he had new information. He has nothing to gain from being wrong about his reporting. I agree with Birdland that Duquette will be the Jays' CEO in the near future, though I couldn't specify the date. Before Opening Day, I'd say for sure.

I'm curious as to who are the "some people" in the organization wants Dan to leave, and why. Whoever it is, do they want him to leave because they don't like working with him, or because they think he'll be disgruntled, or because they think he deserves the opportunity to take a promotion? Regardless, for me, the only people whose opinions matter are Peter Angelos and Buck Showalter (and maybe John Angelos).

It's possible that some in the organization want Dan to leave because they feel he deserves to get a better job if another team wants him. Business etiquette and all.

I'm curious as to who are the "some people" in the organization wants Dan to leave, and why. Whoever it is, do they want him to leave because they don't like working with him, or because they think he'll be disgruntled, or because they think he deserves the opportunity to take a promotion? Regardless, for me, the only people whose opinions matter are Peter Angelos and Buck Showalter (and maybe John Angelos).

Probably John.

A few days ago, Jim Duquette was speculating that if Dan leaves before this season, he'll be replaced by an interim GM for 2015 and then Buck will move up to that role, with someone else taking over as manager in 2016. JD speculated that Buck probably would want the new manager to be John Russell, but he wasn't sure Angelos would go along with that.

This is all very reasonable and I agree. Ken could have easily let this die and been content with blaming Angelos for keeping Duquette in a cage, but he's back with different information this time and it's much harder to ignore it.

I just hope we raid that Toronto farm system of everything it's got. And then proceed to trounce them relentlessly this season. Donaldson on the team I'm sure will just add to the bad blood.

I'd be thrilled to have Pompey and Sanchez.

I'm still guessing that Dan WANTS to go to Toronto because he likes living in Canada. I think he likes his current job, but I think he wants a promotion in/near a town where he prefers to live. Nothing wrong with that, and provided that the O's are compensated properly, I think a deal will get done. I tend to agree with Frobby and birdland that it will be sooner rather than later (within the next two months).

My only qualm with all of this would be DD's focus on improving the Orioles.

I hadn't realized the 49ers had 14 straight losing seasons. My bad.

Before they both went to the 49ers they had 8 awful years. So your point really doesn't work.

I'm still guessing that Dan WANTS to go to Toronto because he likes living in Canada. I think he likes his current job, but I think he wants a promotion in/near a town where he prefers to live.

And money. Dan's not getting any younger, and he was out of MLB a long time.

Archived