Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

My opinion: Rosenthal wouldn't be raising this now unless he had new information.

My thought as well. I think DD is gone. I said last season if I'm DD I bolt first chance I get. Well here is a loftier title and more money on top of the freedom from Angelos. Would not be surprised if DD isn't having his people in the organization talking to Ken to force a resolution here.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My opinion: Rosenthal wouldn't be raising this now unless he had new information. He has nothing to gain from being wrong about his reporting.

Like him or dislike him, one thing you can't say is that Rosenthal makes things up. He might have agendas, but he only backs it up with facts. If he says they've discussed compensation, then thats exactly what has happened. And if they're already at that level, it looks like the O's are willing to let him go.

Well i trust Ken unlike most here. If Dan heart isn't 100% for the Oriole let him go. I would rather have someone that wants the Orioles job.
Yeah, Ken's never been wrong before and his view of Angelos and the organization is all rosy and unbiased. :cool:

This is what I don't get from you and others who greet this with anticipation. In what way will having the Orioles operate under an interim GM be good news for 2015? Is Buck supposed to handle that job and his own job at the same time? That'll work out well, right? Brady Anderson should not be a consideration. Wishing for Dan to leave sounds like sour grapes from someone still hurt over Cruz' departure.

Yeah, Ken's never been wrong before and his view of Angelos and the organization is all rosy and unbiased. :cool:

This is what I don't get for you and others who greet this with anticipation. In what way will having the Orioles operate under an interim GM be good news for 2015? Is Buck supposed to handle that job and his own job at the same time? That'll work out well, right? Brady Anderson should not be a consideration. Wishing for Dan to leave sounds like sour grapes from someone still hurt over Cruz' departure.

Having an interim GM in 2015 would be more effective than a lame duck GM who doesn't want to be here and doesn't take the job seriously. I want a GM who actually wants to be here and improve the team, not be forced to stay because his boss shoves the contract in his face and tells him he owns him.

1)Maybe those who want him gone are the same ones who think his mind has been with Toronto instead of Baltimore

2)Who exactly is negotiating the deal for a player? It can't be Duquette

3)Why can't Toronto just talk to Duquette's lawyer, and not Duquette himself?

Having an interim GM in 2015 would be more effective than a lame duck GM who doesn't want to be here and doesn't take the job seriously. I want a GM who actually wants to be here and improve the team, not be forced to stay because his boss shoves the contract in his face and tells him he owns him.
An interim GM who knows he likely may not be retained and who may not have Dan's knowledge of the entire system would be more effective?
My opinion? It is Ken's off season cause celebre. He does not break anything any more.
Slow news otherwise

1)Maybe those who want him gone are the same ones who think his mind has been with Toronto instead of Baltimore

2)Who exactly is negotiating the deal for a player? It can't be Duquette

3)Why can't Toronto just talk to Duquette's lawyer, and not Duquette himself?

3) It's still tampering.

The O's can't go and talk to Boras about if Darvish might want to sign with Baltimore when he hits FA.

An interim GM who knows he likely may not be retained and who may not have Dan's knowledge of the entire system would be more effective?

He may be retained if he does a good job and shows the Orioles he is the man for the job. Theres a lot of motivation in working as hard as he can in the 2015 season.

It's not worth debating. Dan is our GM through 2018 and will act with all interests of the organization, unless the ownership sees more value in whatever compensation they may receive. That's a fact. Jack.

3) It's still tampering.

The O's can't go and talk to Boras about if Darvish might want to sign with Baltimore when he hits FA.

Folks do not want to hear this, because it destroys the narative. If Dan has not been approached, how would he know if he were interested? And since he has not been approached. He isn't.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsOrioles10">@ChiefsOrioles10</a> News is news.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ken answered a Oriole fan on twitter.

Archived