Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In court, the contract will hold power over whatever the history of precedence says.

If a player could play MLB for one org, but be in AAA in another org, could he take his team or MLB to court to make the team release him so he can play MLB? No

I think I understand why, in your example, the player would not be allowed to play for another organizations major league team. I don't understand how it relates to the concept of precedent.

I'd trust Ken and Morosi's sources over Roch reporting what he's told. It's not like the local guys are ever breaking any news.

Gotta agree here.

Or it's why you stay up late combing through winter league stats as opposed to just punching out and calling it quits at the end of business. As much as it sucks. This needs to happen and it needs to happen fast. Lets face it. DD is human. At what point does he become resentful. Even without it being noticeable. Your GM's heart has to be in it 24/7. Especially in baseball. Just let him go and get the most for him. We still have Buck. If we get Pompey the OF spots look pretty good for the future.

Yea sorry. You guys are just not going to convince me, without proof, that Dan would in any way not give full effort if he were to remain with the team.

If a person has integrity they will do what they are supposed to do. I choose to believe that Dan has integrity until I see evidence otherwise.

I'd trust Ken and Morosi's sources over Roch reporting what he's told. It's not like the local guys are ever breaking any news.

I agree with you, and I think it's likely there have been discussions, but it is pretty interesting that Angelos is giving such hardline response about it. He could choose not to comment but instead vehemently denies the rumors. I wonder if it's just posturing to get a better deal from the Jays.

The greater good of the game over one team's interests. It's been a general unwritten rule that coaches and execs are allowed to switch teams for promotions. Wasn't Coolbaugh under contract to the Rangers? The O's aren't playing cricket here. If an assistant GM from another team was under contrac to such team and another team wanted to hire him as GM, it would be accepted that he should be allowed to take that GM job.
How is it for the greater good when Toronto has someone in place through 2015 and we're mere months from the beginning of the season?

Its called restructuring. Ownership above the line. With the President and CEO reporting to ownership. John moves to ownership.

Look at the Tigers.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=det

Peter is 85 year old. He may hold the reign for a while but his son is the heir apparent. Changing the responsibilities around is very doable.

Tigers ownership has 100% ownership.

No, you clearly don't understand the structure of the Orioles. As it stands right now the Orioles are in fact build like a (private) stock company. PA role is Board of Directors/CEO because he has the most voting shares.You can't restructure at this point without the PA buying out the rest of his partners which would require at least $250m to do at this point. But I am probably low balling the $250m number because team values have increased due to stupid deals like the Dodgers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>See <a href="https://twitter.com/danconnollysun">@danconnollysun</a> quotes from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> owner Peter Angelos. Again, sources have told me and <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi">@jonmorosi</a> that O?s have talked to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a>.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KR is reaching. Yes, the O's have talked with the Bluejays.. back in December. Convo went something like this... "Find your own GM, and get bent".

Got me. I'm just saying that MLB is gonna put the pressure on the O's to let Duquette go to Toronto. Not for sure, how they can do it but there's a lot of smoke that suggests that they might be able to do it. Otherwise, why, according to Roch, are the O's even looking over the Jays organization for possible compensation players?

Really? I suspect not.

How is it for the greater good when Toronto has someone in place through 2015 and we're mere months from the beginning of the season?

To set a precedent. Teams are always expected to allow a coach or front office person to get a promotion. Its frowned upon to deny them a promotion.

Yea sorry. You guys are just not going to convince me, without proof, that Dan would in any way not give full effort if he were to remain with the team.

If a person has integrity they will do what they are supposed to do. I choose to believe that Dan has integrity until I see evidence otherwise.

Suddenly doing a poor job/making questionable moves with the Orioles would surely raise MLB investigations & be a PR nightmare for the Blue Jays were they to still sign him. But why would they still want to hire someone who would be willing to do anything like that?

I also fully believe Dan will do his best while he's here.

I think I understand why, in your example, the player would not be allowed to play for another organizations major league team. I don't understand how it relates to the concept of precedent.

MLB precedent on contracts are that of you are locked into your contract, period until a trade can be made. "Tradition" is not precedent.

Archived